RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Restricted performance....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

holmesy84

United Kingdom 
Restricted performance....

So driving my MY17 SDV6 today I suddenly had the restricted performance triangle come on, the car is definitely lacking performance so something is definitely up. On pressing the accelerator I can hear a whooshing/blowing sound so I’m guessing a pipe or hose has let go? I had the air intake manifold replaced in March when I had a similar warning as that had a crack in it so wouldn’t have thought it would be that. With that I don’t remember the blowing sound and that left a tell tale oil patch on the engine cover which again isn’t present this time. It seems to be getting worst as the amber engine management light is now displayed permanently which is never a good sign, so probably not a good idea to use it now. I’m going to have a look for something like a split in the inter cooler pipe tomorrow and will get it booked in on Monday but any thoughts?

Post #605450 Sat Oct 10 2020 8:54pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

AA just come out and got the following codes:

Engine control - 7M9 / Diesel EDC 17CP11.2P227964 - Unknown fault. Error Message : . Status :P006A - Mass or volume air flow circuit. Error Message : Signal higher than expected. Error sporadic.P24A497 - Unknown fault. Error Message : .P2BAE00 - Unknown fault. Error Message : .P2BAE02 - Unknown fault. Error Message : .P2BAF00 - Unknown fault. Error Message : .P2BAF02 - Unknown fault. Error Message : . Status :P0299 - Boost-pressure control deviation. Error Message : Specified position not reached. Historical fault

Couldn’t find any obvious issue so will be a trip to the dealer. I’ve just been reading my Grange extended warranty that’s provided by RAMP and is supposedly like for like with the LR one, the more I read the less like for like it appears especially for loan cars. Also noticed that rubber hoses, plastic and metal pipes are excluded. So if this is a boost hose or something I can feel a battle brewing.

Quick update, on driving’s to the dealers the exhaust filter full light also came on so obviously oil or something has been spewed into the exhaust to add to the issue.

Post #605492 Mon Oct 12 2020 1:15pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Good luck and keep us posted Thumbs Up 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #605518 Tue Oct 13 2020 2:43pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

A split hose causing overfuelling leading to a full DPF, perhaps. Hopefully a simple fix. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #605521 Tue Oct 13 2020 4:45pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

Fingers crossed, to be fair the dealer was pretty helpful thus far. Their earliest slow was the 28th of October but they told me to come and dump it on them as a recovery as that way they won't be able to turn it away.

Hopefully it's just a hose, that said reading my extended warranty it says rubber hoses, plastic and metal pipes are excluded so if they try and avoid covering it I'll be up for the battle as the policy is supposedly like for like with the LR extended warranty.

Post #605522 Tue Oct 13 2020 5:29pm
RRSTDV8

Is this a LR main dealer or a general garage? When did you buy it? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #605524 Tue Oct 13 2020 7:34pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

Main dealer, I’ve taken it into Heritage in Cheltenham.

I bought it from Grange LR in swindon new in 2017 and in March they offered me a 3 year like for like warranty that’s provided by ramp. Of course I only thoroughly read the full exclusions in detail this week and it has Pipes, hoses etc as exclusions. I won’t take kindly if they try to wriggle out of it as some pipes and hoses will be hours of Labour and the diagnostic cost alone is £192. Even if they do accept liability they won’t pay for a car between now and when they accept the claim which is a bit crap as nowhere has courtesy cars at the moment.

Post #605527 Tue Oct 13 2020 8:20pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

So turns out it was the air intake manifold, I’m guessing it’s the other other bank to the one replaced in March. Clearly a significant issue for JLR but covered by warranty at least.

Also got a leak from a CV boot on the drivers side front, second one of those I’ve had go but not covered by the extended warranty and quoting £522.

Post #605543 Wed Oct 14 2020 1:54pm
RRSTDV8

The SDV6 has a known issue with the inlet manifolds splitting. At least it's covered by the warranty.

Interesting that a main dealer sold you a third party warranty not endorsed by LR.

A CV boot shouldn't cost £500 to replace. Take that to a decent indie. And then use the decent indie for all other work. The warranty should still pay out as they usually just want it done by a VAT-registered garage. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #605549 Wed Oct 14 2020 4:47pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

T and S Norman
Cam Tech
A few in that area to choose from Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #605554 Wed Oct 14 2020 9:21pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
The SDV6 has a known issue with the inlet manifolds splitting. At least it's covered by the warranty.

Interesting that a main dealer sold you a third party warranty not endorsed by LR.

A CV boot shouldn't cost £500 to replace. Take that to a decent indie. And then use the decent indie for all other work. The warranty should still pay out as they usually just want it done by a VAT-registered garage.

Yeah was £1600 for 3 years so significantly cheaper than the LR, almost paid for itself on this one occasion to be fair...

As for the CV boot I’ll probably get that done by Gloucester Land Rover, they are a good indie they I use for brake pads and what not as I won’t pay dealer prices. You are right that any garage needs to just be VAT registered so I would have used them for this as well but my dash was lit up like a Christmas tree and as the main dealer basically accepted the car the day I rang I can’t complain really.

Post #605559 Wed Oct 14 2020 11:50pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

Well the saga continues... The warranty company has paid for air intake manifold but the problem has killed the DPF and it needs to be replaced as won't regen anymore. The warranty company is sending an engineer before they agree to pay so sounds like they are trying to find a way to worm their way out of covering it.

Post #605624 Fri Oct 16 2020 10:20am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Can they do a forced regen?. I suppose it’s the air leak that’s caused the DPF failure, these things can be so fragile in their operation. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #605627 Fri Oct 16 2020 11:16am
keano40

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Man thats worrying to hear but glad its sorted

Post #605628 Fri Oct 16 2020 11:26am
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

Stevepd wrote:
Can they do a forced regen?. I suppose it’s the air leak that’s caused the DPF failure, these things can be so fragile in their operation.

They've tried and it just fails so the dealer is saying it needs to be replaced. Warranty companies engineer won't be there until Tuesday to look at it so won't be any progress until then. Apparently it costs over £3k to replace so they won't authorise it without doing their own investigation.
From my point of view I followed their process: Rang them when the engine management light came on, called out the AA as they instructed and only drove the car to the dealer after the AA mechanic put in writing that the car was OK to drive to the dealer. Subsequently the DPF full light came on during the journey to the dealer and the dealer has told me the DPF has failed as a result of the manifold crack. I don't see any way they can't not pay for it but does sound like it will be a battle, I've only this minute managed to get them to pay for a hire car out of goodwill...

Post #605639 Fri Oct 16 2020 1:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1