RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2014 SDV6 real world MPG
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sterling01

Scotland 
2014 SDV6 real world MPG

I have had my 2014 SDV6 for 2 weeks now and done over 1000 miles. It has given me the chance to do real world MPG figures.

I pulled in to the fuel station today with 616 miles on the trip. Filled it with diesel and did the calculation. Works out at an average of 37.3 mpg. (The car computer says 40.1)

The figures in the brochure say the car will do a combined of 37.7. Considering the vehicle is nearly 7 years old with 43,000 miles, I am really impressed with this figure. Especially considering that at least half of that mileage was at the weekend running round Scottish island twisty roads and not smooth constant motorway driving. Current - 2014 Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6
Gone - 2017 Audi A8 Sport
Gone - 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 - Great car.

Post #604095 Thu Sep 03 2020 10:58am
pjbracer1

England 

Have to agree the MPG is pretty good and I do a mix of town and open road driving and lets be fair Im not always a driving saint on the stretches where one might feel obliged to make use of the opportunity of some free tarmac!

Im used to the V8 SC too which was not good so going to diesel is pretty impressive, if you have a Costco near to you aswell its worth getting a card, I have one round the corner from me and their Diesel is the equivalent of the premium diesel in other garages and is still cheaper than ordinary diesel. (I did ask the manufacturer of it just to check it wasnt just sales wording but it is, as all the other brands is normal diesel but has cleaners and additives added)

Even if you factor in the odd extra oil change to cover any oil dilution issues that might be incurred its still pretty efficient from such a big car with all the luxury thrown into boot! My Merc AMG that was very light and petrol didnt get close (granted its hard to drive that economically but still impressed. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #604762 Tue Sep 22 2020 11:24am
Grimble

United Kingdom 

Did a round trip to Scotland at the week-end about 650miles all in, long motorway stretches at motorway speeds, plus a bit of round town with 4 passengers, 37mpg according to the dash. no complaints from me. Car has done 65K.

Fully agree about Costco, there's one just off the M5 at Avonmouth, always use it when heading south/north. Plus big hotdog and coke for £1.50! RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #604770 Tue Sep 22 2020 4:22pm
pjbracer1

England 

Also using the cruise control on the motorways makes for and easy life too until someone in an Audi pushes into the safe gap it leaves in front and then she wacks on the emergency brakes! though that isnt the cars fault! Does anyone use the economy meter on the dash, its quite handy as it does give you and idea of how you are driving, the braking meter is telling as you can see how often the rest of the motorway idiots cant keep a sensible speed if you just use it on a one off journey! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #604771 Tue Sep 22 2020 4:44pm
pjbracer1

England 

Just did a SatNav Map update so had to leave the car running for 2hrs 45mins (I cant believe it takes that long it must use USB V0.0001!

Anyway after sitting there in the garage for that length of time it averaged at 28MPG! not sure how mind!

Off topic anyone now if a DPF regen might have kicked in during that time? not sure what triggers them if there are no warning lights! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #604879 Thu Sep 24 2020 8:49pm
Terras14

How did you gets get such good mileage from the Sdv6?
Where I am, even thou is city driving, I get around 10km/L and even if I drive 300km on highway, I am getting maybe 12-13km/L Sad Mine is 2016 car.

Post #605158 Sat Oct 03 2020 10:46am
pjbracer1

England 

Hi mate I think that is about the same UK Gallon is more than US which i think is used in Singapore

https://www.unitjuggler.com/convert-fuelco...tml?val=12

Also depends on the road surface type air temp etc... I remember living in West Palm Beach and the roads there were harsh on tyres as the surface was much harder due to the amount of sun and heat!

But i think yours works out at 33 mpg based on the uk gallon I think a UK gallon is about 4.5l where a US one is just under 4 but dont quote me on that!

If its a UK gallon you guys use then not sure chap If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #605182 Sat Oct 03 2020 5:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1