RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Multiple warnings all at once
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

00by

Multiple warnings all at once

MY16 HSE Dynamic - just set off and about 1-2miles into the journey I get all of the following warning codes:

Stability control not available - drive with care
E-diff not available
Suspension fault - vehicle lean when cornering
Adaptive dynamics fault
HDC not available - system fault
ATPC not available

Think that’s all but maybe another couple as well! It happened just after using the washer jets but could just be coincidence.
Anyway I turned back and went in another car.

I’ve got an IID tool so can plug that in tomorrow, but for now has anyone experienced anything similar?
I was charging the battery up today with my CTEK but it hadn’t reached 80% by the time I went out. Hopefully it’s something simple like battery voltage!

Thanks MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #604708 Sun Sep 20 2020 6:09pm
pjbracer1

England 

Sounds like battery voltage to me Ive had this before when i have been messing around with the gap tool and havent used it in a while, mine has soft close doors too! There are alot of electric on the car and if you havent charged or run the car for a while the battery can drain even just with the ignition on, things like dashcam's power up ac etc.... all drain a little bit when the engine is running, also dont leave the GAP Tool connected to the OBD port when you are not in the car I did this on my old RRS and came back to a very low battery and it would barely start! I think the OBD port is live all the time.

When the battery get low the first thing that is affected is the engine management systems so it disables lots of the feature hence the warnings, If you have the basic functions it needs to go for a drive safely you can ingnor the messages and go for a quick run round the block to put some charge back in rather than leave it running in the garage for a bit. once its back up to a good voltage then a quick restart and the messages will disappear next time you start as the battery should have sufficient amps to run them all.

Once its fully charged I think you will be all ok chap, It's looks really bad like a major failure but its probably just a low battery!
Dont know why they can put this in the manuals under troubleshooting (or maybe it is and I have not read it)

I think there also have 2 batteries one for the electrical stuff like boot and mirrors etc... and another for the engine (dont quote me on that thought) so I think once the secondary batt gets low then the main is used to top up and if that get low then this happens.

Hope this helps and Im sure other might have a better explanation than mine but I think once you top the battery up the issue should go away. Also be worth checking the input voltage to the battery just incase its the alternator but I doubt it the car is only 4 years old!

Maybe someone with more knowledge could comment on the 2 battery setup? If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #604717 Mon Sep 21 2020 9:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1