RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Sat Nav Gen2.1 upgdate failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Spencer Cleary

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White
Sat Nav Gen2.1 upgdate failure

Good morning all. Newbie to the forum but need some help. I recently got a map update online for my 2013 RRS 5.0 SC. The instructions were followed to the letter and the map update was going perfectly well. However, when the update got to 70%, the message come up telling me the update was complete and to press to reset. I did so and removed the USB stick as instructed. However, the update doesn't seem to have worked as I can no longer use the sat nav. It is constantly telling me I am on an unnamed road and doesn't allow me to input any locations. The country is set correct at UK but I have no options to enter postcodes and the maps are just not displaying. All I get is a white screen that shows my location without any indication of what roads etc I am on. The update has clearly failed, and so I was told to retry it from scratch. However, I am unable to do that as the message I get when I try states the following: "The software on the disc is older than the current software" So I cannot redo the install. Does anyone have any idea how I can restore the sat nav or delete the version that is corrupt to reinstall the new version again ? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Post #602284 Mon Jul 27 2020 10:10am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic56307...map+update

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic52679...map+update 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #602289 Mon Jul 27 2020 11:08am
mrluke

United Kingdom 
Re: Sat Nav Gen2.1 upgdate failure

Spencer Cleary wrote:
Good morning all. Newbie to the forum but need some help. I recently got a map update online for my 2013 RRS 5.0 SC. The instructions were followed to the letter and the map update was going perfectly well. However, when the update got to 70%, the message come up telling me the update was complete and to press to reset. I did so and removed the USB stick as instructed. However, the update doesn't seem to have worked as I can no longer use the sat nav. It is constantly telling me I am on an unnamed road and doesn't allow me to input any locations. The country is set correct at UK but I have no options to enter postcodes and the maps are just not displaying. All I get is a white screen that shows my location without any indication of what roads etc I am on. The update has clearly failed, and so I was told to retry it from scratch. However, I am unable to do that as the message I get when I try states the following: "The software on the disc is older than the current software" So I cannot redo the install. Does anyone have any idea how I can restore the sat nav or delete the version that is corrupt to reinstall the new version again ? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

I had this "Exact" same problem on my 2012. My postcodes also didnt work ( had errors while upgrading) . The only thing i could do was wait for the "Next" update to come out and install that with a different USB stick Sad

Post #602424 Wed Jul 29 2020 12:55pm
Spencer Cleary

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I am hoping there is a way of "renaming" the recent failed upgrade and starting again. I am guessing if there is a way it would need some sort of GAP IID tool and someone with knowledge !!

Post #602426 Wed Jul 29 2020 1:35pm
mrluke

United Kingdom 

I did look into modifying the USB files. Couldn't see a way Sad

Post #602433 Wed Jul 29 2020 4:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1