RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > My seat moves by itself !!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Heir Loss

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Tonga Green
My seat moves by itself !!!

I've not seen a thread on this (didn't look very hard)
When braking, the drivers seat back moves a fraction forward. After a few times its enough to have to re adjust the seat. It doesn't re adjust when pressing the memory position. LR aren't sure.
Cheers
Andy 4.2 SC, Metallic Welly Green, Drop Plate Tow Bar, Dealer Tints & Roof Bar System. Traded in RR 4.4 Vogue.

Post #58213 Wed Sep 27 2006 4:50pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

mine used to do that... and also our Megane, which we oddly had a safety recall notice about this morning! when it happened in my range rover sport though, it never needed readjusting, and it only occured when i was driving enthusiastically shall i say..

Post #58219 Wed Sep 27 2006 5:05pm
RRS1

Canada 

I have the same seat issue, but it only happens when I brake a little harder then normal. The LR guy said that it was a safety feature and it's just protecting me in case of a whip lash issue.

Kam100 - How do you find the driving the RS4 compare to the RRS? Do you find the Quattro sufficient in Rain and Snow (if you get snow!) I have been thinking about trading my RRS for the RS4. I am interested in your comments.

Thx RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black/Black

Post #60151 Wed Oct 04 2006 7:43pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Well, i had the diesel RRS, so the RS4 is rapid in comparison! and the handling is something else.. and the RS4 is ALL about the engine noise.. it sounds sublime even at tickover, it will be the biggest thing i miss when it goes next year.

I average between 12-18mpg local, and around 20-25 motorway, the seats are very supportive, and to be honest from other reviews etc, the seats are what splits opinions the most, some people just don't like the extreme buckets the RS4 has.. so they order the standard S4 recaros. which are flatter and more luxurious.

Apart from this, the quality cabin, and build is exceptional as you would expect from Audi to be honest. Not got as much road presence, but everyone car hear you coming so it makes up for it in that respect.

No complaints from me.. not sure what the specs are like in Canada, but in the UK the Rs4 has to be spec'd up to have sat nav, adaptive xenons and the like, think these should have been standard really, but £53k here and its fully loaded.

One thing will obviously be the room you'll miss, but if you are buying the avant, then you'll still have that even to an extent.

19" wheels are fine also, very very well damped, don't feel road surfaces as if you were driving with your arse dragging on the floor like some other cars. My Bmw 330d Sport 2002 was on 18" MV's and that was a more firm ride and jittery then the RS4, but when you put it under stress and make it perform, then it never falters and stays on line all the time..

You can induce the rear end sometimes to slide and can definitely notice the split to the rear. I have dragged raced mine against an M3 SMG and it wiped the floor with it.. Only a Subaru P1 kept up and got a slight lead on the RS4, but i fluffed my 2nd gear change.. thats my excuse!!

Post #60162 Wed Oct 04 2006 8:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1