RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Suspension fault C1A74-1C
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Rossk3107

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Suspension fault C1A74-1C

Good morning guys hope everyone is good. At present I am having some suspension issues... it first started with my 4x4 info screen showing my left rear tyre bobbing up and down so I assumed it was the height sensor that had gone... I replaced it with a new one and tried to calibrate with my iid tool but am getting β€œ operation Failed E0” sometimes β€œE1”. I am also getting fault code

C1A74-1C (AF) Rear left height sensor mechanism - General electrical failure - circiut voltage out of range

I am assuming that it will not calibrate because the height sensor fault has not been fixed. After reading several posts with the same fault I am now tracing the height sensor wire to see if I can find any nics or breaks but am struggling to get into such a tight area. My voltage supply is 4.91v but my sensor voltage is only 0.4v on my new sensor and 0.025v on my old one. I am assuming there is a fault with the sensor voltage wire at some point down the line πŸ™ˆ. I suppose my question is...to inspect the height sensor wire did people have to remove the main loom or did they manage to fit in lol I have removed the spare wheel but still can only just get a hand in certain places to feel along.

Any advice, help comments would be greatly appreciated πŸ‘πŸ» Present : 2007 RRS 3.6 TDV8
Present : Merc A class AMG
Previous : 2015 Evoque Black edition
Audi A6 3.0 TDI
Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
RRS 2.7 TDV6
BMW X5 3.0

Post #601523 Fri Jul 10 2020 9:31am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The loom runs down through the front left wheel bay behind/around the wheel arch liner, if I remember correctly, and there is history of issues in this area. Be worth having a look there to check for any wiring damage. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #601526 Fri Jul 10 2020 9:43am
Rossk3107

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

That will def be my next port of call πŸ˜‚. I pulled and wiggles on all the wires at the connector and nothing...then I pulled on the wires heading towards the loom and the signal voltage dropped and raised so I thought for sure if I removed the shelve I would find a damaged signal wire ( I am sure it’s the orange red stripe) but when I did I found a slightly damaged supply voltage wire ( orange yellow stripe) now I am well and truest confused as the supply voltage was perfect πŸ˜‚ Present : 2007 RRS 3.6 TDV8
Present : Merc A class AMG
Previous : 2015 Evoque Black edition
Audi A6 3.0 TDI
Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
RRS 2.7 TDV6
BMW X5 3.0

Post #601529 Fri Jul 10 2020 10:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1