RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Bye Bye Baby Bye Bye..........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Up here we are still tightly locked down and are supposed not to venture further than 5 miles from home except for necessary shopping/ doctors visits etc etc so once we get freedom again I will be trying it on some of the tracks that won’t be a gorse/bramble fest....... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #599690 Fri Jun 05 2020 4:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
david007

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Vesuvius Orange

Fantastic, I bet you can't wait.

The guy from Powerful UK picked his up yesterday.

Post #599700 Fri Jun 05 2020 8:17am
Tim in Scotland

Yes I saw that video on their channel last night - not great that it flagged up a fault less than 12 miles after delivery. About right for a JLR product and couldn’t be worse for JLR that the car belongs to such a high profile customer. My experience with an Evoque that gave issues soon after delivery and I posted about it on a forum roundly critising LR had a technician flown from Warwick to Edinburgh to my local dealers to sort it out on the following Tuesday after taking delivery on the Saturday! It took him about 10 minutes with his laptop to sort the problem. But I’m hoping that in the 2 years since leaving the masque for BMW Mini and now returning things have improved. Out of 12 previous new LR products though that Evoque was my 2nd one and was the only one ever to give me grief - so much in the first year I returned it as not fit for purpose......and for the next 3 years drove an L494 HSE Dynamic that never gave a moments concern mechanically - paint finish was not great at though An w years ago when I bought the Countryman that car hasn’t had any problems or rattles in my 2 years ownership so I’m having high hopes that QC at JLR has improved vastly now I’m back in the fold 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #599708 Fri Jun 05 2020 9:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Don't hold your breath, Tim Rolling with laughter

However, I do have my fingers crossed for you! Kev

MY2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
MY2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #599719 Fri Jun 05 2020 11:21am
Tim in Scotland

First mod needed..........

Black wheels to replace my sparkle silver I think - will put the All Season tyres onto a set of black gloss wheels for daily use and get AT’s or MT’s for the silver wheels...... once the bank account has recovered from buying the car 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #599764 Sat Jun 06 2020 1:13pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Tim i have General Grabber AT's fitted to my Sport and it is used as a daily driver, to be honest they do not
really feel any different from the standard continentals it came with.. Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #599803 Sun Jun 07 2020 5:16am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

A green 90 or 110 on white steels with AT3 tyres would look nice Thumbs Up
With a white roof too Bow down Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #599806 Sun Jun 07 2020 8:30am
knwatkins

Yes, it would be white wheels and roof for me too 👍 Kev

Post #599814 Sun Jun 07 2020 10:01am
Tim in Scotland

As mine is a First Edition the roof is black take it or leave it! I agree the white roof and white wheels looks good on both the Green and Tasman Blue

Green with white roof and wheels

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Tasman look even better 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #599826 Sun Jun 07 2020 3:10pm
Tim in Scotland

It’s arrived OK but one dealer fitted accessory was not there, it appears that LR underestimated the demand for spare wheel covers so they are on back order! It might have Defender on the bonnet but if you were blindfolded and put in it you would be hard pressed to tell it wasn’t an L405 with fake checker plate floor coverings with carpet mats in the foot wells and only half leather on the chairs. It is exceptionally quiet at motorway speeds (I’ve only driven it 70 miles on motorways and fast A roads) with both engine noise wise and wind rustlle absent - I thought the big wing mirrors might cause some wind noise between the mirror and the door but there is only a tiny amount audible around 30mph. I’ve never had a car with so much Cubby/stowage space And being the 5 seater there is a massive box under the boot floor where to 6th and 7th seats for the 7 seat version would be. I’m not expecting wonders for fuel economy as the WLTP figure for the D240 is 31mpg but so far I’ve managed to get better (I know LR Trip Computers all come with a caveat!) but on the motorway at 70mph on the flat I managed to get the trip avaerage up to 41mpg.
Niggles so far - I’m not keen on the EPB location - below the dash between the steering column and the door and a bit hidden, it isn’t on the centre console I suspect because of the 3rd front jump seat option. Also the hazard warning lights switch doesn’t exacty leap out at you, it isn’t on the dash it’s between the two vents on top of the dash and is quite small. Those used to InControl controls will marvel at how sharp, clear and fast the PiviPro set up is - as good or possibly even better than the BMW system I had in the Countryman. I’m having problems with the InControl Remote App though - and it seems I’m not the only one - it simply will not let me log in and because of that I cannot personalise the big centre display touch screen.
The access height height seems to be quite high, as high as in my old Defender so I think I’m going to have to invest in something I hate - side steps.- to assist the shorter family members get in with some dignity!

Likes - the seats are huge and very comfy and leg room is way bigger than any RRS I’ve owned, even in the rear seats but if you opt for the 7 seater you’ll not want to squeeze anyone over the age of about 4 years old back there, zero legroom, bit like the rear seats in a Audi TT but with loads of headroom and daylight! Otherwise just about everything.
Another like - when the front parking aid is triggered there is a cam comes on in the front bumper so you can see what you are about to nudge - to get my car on my drive along with my 90 I have to park the new one almost touching the spare tyre of the 90, but also a bit close to the 90’s tow hitch - the front parking aid is so accurate I have been able to get the cars down to about 30mm between them without having to get out and check. The view is a processed picture and comes as part of the 360 Parking aid - well worth opting for if you have to park in tight places. -the photos show my parking before I found the parking view cam!

A lot of journalists have whinged about the rear visibility - it’s bad, worse than an Evoque’s with 3 quite large head restraints and a spare wheel blocking the view out BUT with only 2 of us in the car coming home from the dealership - 45 miles mostly motorway miles -rear visibility was OK without needing to use the Clearview mirror function.

Issues with logging into the app are a minor issue but a frustration I could do without especially having had two years away from buying LR products because I thought their QC and Customer Assistance had fallen into a hole in the ground. I’m please to say that QC on this car is very good but the only assistance I’ve had with the App issue has been to “raise it with the dealership, they can fix it” AFTER I had told them that the dealer had spent ages on the phone with me and again on Friday nearly 45 minutes socially distanced trying to get it to stop telling me I was using the wrong email mail address or password......... we even created a new sign in and still got the same message.

Click image to enlarge

The Countryman and New Defender
Click image to enlarge
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Jun 15 2020 5:44pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #600278 Mon Jun 15 2020 10:49am
knwatkins

Looks fantastic, Tim Thumbs Up Kev

Post #600292 Mon Jun 15 2020 4:51pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Nice. Local dealer said refundable deposit of £1000 to get a build slot for a 90 for early 2021 delivery Whistle Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #600293 Mon Jun 15 2020 4:58pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Looks very nice Tim. I do like that colour. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #600294 Mon Jun 15 2020 5:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12