RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > disklok size for 2015 sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

simbad111

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
disklok size for 2015 sport

Hi guys can anyone tell from experience what size disklok steering wheel cover fits best to a 2015 range rover sports, the steering wheel size is 38cm not sure if the small or medium would fit best

Post #599085 Tue May 19 2020 9:22am
RRT

United Kingdom 

I struggled with small on my old Evoque (It fitted but was very tight and I felt damaged the leather), so bought a medium which is now used in my 2017 RRS

These used to be competitive on their pricing: https://saundersonsecurity.co.uk/car-bike/steering-locks.html

Bought 3 disklock from them over the years. MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #599090 Tue May 19 2020 1:46pm
simbad111

thanks for the reply, i will try medium then

Post #599144 Wed May 20 2020 5:02pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Since the L494 had that recall to stop keys being reprogrammed, why would a 2015 RRS need a dislock?

Basically. In case keys were stolen too? Deterrent? 2022 P440e AB

Post #599197 Sat May 23 2020 9:05am
RRT

United Kingdom 

I use mine when leaving the car for longer periods, for instance I enjoy sailing and will leave my car in a marina car park with it on. It acts as a very visible deterrent.

I also advised to keep the key on a house keys fob rather than the car fob, thus buying time if the keys are stolen to phone the police (or maybe grab a baseball bat or shotgun?).

As for the post 2015 comment, relay theft is the way forward.... MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #599204 Sat May 23 2020 4:14pm
simbad111

what size disklok do you use please

Post #599317 Tue May 26 2020 6:51pm
RRT

United Kingdom 

As above I use medium size. Thumbs Up MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #599321 Tue May 26 2020 8:06pm
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

One of the things that puts me off buying these kinds of security devices is what you do with them when not in use. I used to use a different steering wheel lock which I would put in the passenger footwell, where it would get in the passenger's way. They have some heft to them which, in the event of an accident would become a dangerous missile.

I decided simply to rely on my cars' in-built security features. And insurance that I have fortunately not had to claim on for theft.

Post #599325 Tue May 26 2020 10:35pm
jc74

United Kingdom 

I bought one of these in small size since it was the only one in stock on the day and I needed it. It fits fine around my 2016 RRS. I did go to the local Halfords and they agreed I could return it if it didn't fit.
We had our house broken into whilst we were out and they stole our other car plus the keys for the RRS. The insurance company then said they would refuse to insure the RRS for theft until we had our locks changed on the car, and had a device such as a steering wheel lock on the car until we got the locks changed. Hence the rush.

Even now, I still use the steering wheel lock regularly as a visual deterrent (and also an actual theft deterrent).
In terms of bulk, I will put it in the passenger footwell or the boot when using the car. Alternatively if we are going out shopping, then I will leave the lock in the house when I'm out and about.
I see the main usage is to be a visual deterrent when it is parked outside the house during the day/overnight. Yes insurance will pay out if the car is stolen. And indeed getting our payout for the other car was quick and easy - just unfortunate they only paid market value so we still lost. However the real pain was the damage to the house with smashed glass everywhere and the general ransacking of the place "whilst they were there anyway". Since they were searching for the V5 documents and anything else of value. So I'd rather make it look to thieves that it's going to be a bit more hassle and not to bother with us...

Post #599328 Wed May 27 2020 7:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1