Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > RRS 2016 Autobiography Dyn L494 SDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

therealchrisgm

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Alaska White
RRS 2016 Autobiography Dyn L494 SDV6

Hey there, new to the forums!

After waiting for a while to get a good used price, I'm finally going to be owning my first RRS! I've got a Apline White with blackout pack on and really high spec with 40k miles. Get it in 1-2 weeks hopefully.

Just wondering - What should I be watching out for and whats the best way to keep it in its best condition both from a running perspective but getting the most out of it? I've seen a couple of people who have modified into a new bigger screen - is it worth the money? Also I have 2 kids and wondered if anyone recommends a tv screen unit for the back?! thanks!

Post #598626 Wed May 06 2020 4:53pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Best way to keep it happy is to find a decent indy to look after it -avoid main dealers at all costs. And drive it. These things don't like to be used for short journeys. Get it warmed through properly and give a decent run. The DPF will be happier for one thing. Also, give everything a bit of use on a regular basis, even if it don't use it normally e.g. engage low range and drive it to and fro, use the full height range on the suspension, use the EPB, etc. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #598639 Wed May 06 2020 11:13pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

You can get iPad holders for the seat backs, may be a better option than trying to build anything in.

It seems there are a few people looking at the screen replacement for up to MY16. There doesn’t seem to be a good option just yet, powerful Uk did a video on changing but I believe they weren’t prepared to supply Due to some sort of quality issues. Hopefully there will be something along shortly.

Yes, use it. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #598640 Thu May 07 2020 6:58am
FrankH

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sounds like good advice to use all the functions on a regular basis, something I have not been doing, will start doing this from now on. Thanks 2015 SDV6 306bhp Dynamic santorini black.

Post #598641 Thu May 07 2020 7:22am
Duc750

United Kingdom 

As a general rule because the RRS is hers when I drive it I tend to raise the suspension to off road height as I drive off the drive and then let it drop back down when up to speed and I tend to drop it access height every other time I park it on the drive
The times I don't drop it into access height I reverse it in in Low box - that way it gets everything cycled a couple of times a month

I also make sure I give it a good bootful when I drive it to open up the secondary turbo as otherwise it never really does anything 2012 SDV6 HSE (technically its hers)
2000 D2 TD5 - definitely mine
2005 D3 V8
Metalian Camper trailer for adventures

Post #598651 Thu May 07 2020 12:12pm
therealchrisgm

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Alaska White

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Best way to keep it happy is to find a decent indy to look after it -avoid main dealers at all costs. And drive it. These things don't like to be used for short journeys. Get it warmed through properly and give a decent run. The DPF will be happier for one thing. Also, give everything a bit of use on a regular basis, even if it don't use it normally e.g. engage low range and drive it to and fro, use the full height range on the suspension, use the EPB, etc.

Thanks really good insight there and totally understand! Have owned a LR Disco sport before which wasn't the best so hoping this is an improvement!

Post #598662 Thu May 07 2020 2:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1