RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Dash air vent removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JamieLC

United Kingdom 
Dash air vent removal

Hi has any body removed the drivers side air vent in the dash? Closest to the drivers door? Mine has a crack in and when I use it one of the fins falls out. Very annoying. Can pick up a replacement very cheap but was wondering how easy it is to replace? Cheers

Post #586040 Thu Aug 29 2019 9:11pm
JamieLC

United Kingdom 

I just got round to changing this yesterday, after all the fins in the AC vent unit fell out it looked terrible. Big hole in the dash at the drivers side.

It is a bit of a chewy job but I managed to get it changed over without any damage to any of the other parts that had to be removed to get access to air vent unit itself.

Unfortunately I got totally in the zone and forgot to take step by step pics.

A little advice though if anybody needs to do this is go onto eBay and search all the individual components that you have to remove from the dash, this way you can see where all the little clips are and you know which direction to pull out the parts without breaking any clips. (Trim tool kit is a must)

I have all these pics of parts saved still if any body needs them. I couldn’t find any info of a replacement anywhere. Cheers 2016 Yulong White L494 AB/DYN 3.0SDV6

Post #596765 Fri Mar 20 2020 1:50pm
Gibo993

United Kingdom 

I broke my centre vent last weekend - bit over eager to put on a magnetic phone holder - the vents really are not built very well.
Downloaded the Workshop manual from a guy on here ( have a search) which shows where all the clips are located which helps where to prise the clips (look in the electrical segment of the manual) Tip:any retaining clips that stay on the removed part make sure you remove them and push back into dashboard before re installation - Hopefully will order a replacement off ebay.

Post #596987 Wed Mar 25 2020 10:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1