RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Postive dealer experience - New LR Buckinghamshire, Aylesbur
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 
Postive dealer experience - New LR Buckinghamshire, Aylesbur

Hi All,

My RRS is due its 5th year service, called the new dealer directly (understand most staff from Stratstone Aylesbury and Chipperfield have joined) - great experience, even was offered a special price of £394.00 for the work (plus standard MOT Charge, no discount as service discounted and being charged £12 admin fee for hire car insurance.

Quick question on additional work such as brake service, auto gearbox oil change - is this something i have to ask for or does the dealer ask on the day ? Car has 28k miles.

Thanks
Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #596260 Mon Mar 09 2020 5:27pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I doubt they'll ask about the gearbox - LR still say it's good for 10 years or 150,000 miles.

"Brake service" should be one of the things they're doing in a service. They should at least be checking the various thicknesses and there is no seizing of bits. Don't be surprised if they tell you it needs new pads and or discs. And then be shocked at the price they quote you to do it!

Oh, and as far as great service goes. Wait until they've actually touched your vehicle to find out how great they are.

Personally, I wouldn't let a LR dealership anywhere near mine. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #596264 Mon Mar 09 2020 7:35pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Beware of main dealers & brakes. Just looked up an old post of mine from 2017 when it had gone in for a service with only 6500 miles on it. They said I needed new front discs & pads due to rust £835. (Brembo) No ta. Went to see Disco Mikey who had a look & said they don't need doing any time soon. Got him to do them about a year later at a fraction of main dealer costs.

Post #596266 Mon Mar 09 2020 8:10pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I have to say my experience of the new Lookers dealer has been quite the opposite, at least on the showroom side. I had been a long time customer of the old Stratstone dealership in Aylesbury so it was quite natural for me to go to Lookers when I was thinking about changing my RRS SDV8 for a RRS or RR P400e. I went into the showroom over the Christmas/New Year period but despite the fact that the showroom was empty I was told that no salesperson was available so I left my name/number and asked for somebody to call me. Nobody did. So about 3 weeks later I went in again and this time I did manage to speak to a salesperson. After some chat I asked for a test drive in either a RRS or RR P400e but I was told that there wasnt one available. OK I said what about a car from another Lookers dealer? Nope that wasnt possible either. So I asked how do you expect me to buy a car for close to £100k without test driving it first? No satisfactory answer so I left

A couple of weeks later I got a call from one of these survey companies asking about my experience with Lookers. So I made it plain that I was unhappy with the fact that I wasnt able to get a test drive. I was assured that my comments would be passed on to the dealer principal and he/she would call me to discuss them. Needless to say nobody did

And thats why I'm currently talking to Lancaster Milton Keynes about buying a new car from them. That new showroom must have cost Lookers a small fortune. If my experience is anything to go by, I have no idea how they're going to pay for it

Post #596468 Sat Mar 14 2020 12:29am
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Popped in for the first time on Friday - lavish dealership, empty of any sales customers (not surprising considering current climate) and lack of sales people as you say - bumped into Ollie - the infamous "salesman of the year" from Stratstone - was shocked to still see him there but apparently "pleasing" Jaguar customers these days...left some requirements for a facelift RRS with an ex-salesman from Chipperfields - lets see if any future contact is made.

Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #596557 Mon Mar 16 2020 10:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1