RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Penrite Engine Oil
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
Penrite Engine Oil

Anybody have experience of Penrite engine oil in this part of world, impossible to buy either 5w20 or 0w20 Castrol Edge here in NZ, only supply to dealers and they do not want to sell just the oil to you. The Penrite alternatives are readily available off the shelf and just wondered if it was good quality or what others use in their 5.0L S/C as plenty of them down here.

Cheers
Col

Post #593924 Mon Jan 27 2020 11:42pm
garrycol

Australia 

In Aust - Penrite oils are considered overall better quality than Castrol but for your purpose I cannot comment but as long as you have the correct grades I am sure either will be fine.

For my 2.7TDV6 - I have used Nulon Full Synthetic for 10 years and not had an issue.

Garry 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #593925 Tue Jan 28 2020 12:32am
CRACKA

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Col,
Coming in a bit later on this one as I have a new Laptop and the passwords were not remembered.

I have had personal experiance using Penrite Oils in my RRS S/c, Territory Turbo and many of our other vehicles
They have been going since 1928 and have a great range of oils,synthetic, semi, and mineral for cars, trucks as well as other automotive products.
We have never had any issues with any of their products over many years of use. I would highly recommend them . Very Happy 2006 4.2 S/C with Tow Pack, Side Steps, DRL's, 19" & 20" wheels, additional 110 ltr Fuel Tank Roof Rack and performance mods.

1952 Rover 75 (Cyclops) First Car !!! Fond memories -was restored-good for 93mph.

Post #593931 Tue Jan 28 2020 9:34am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Much is written about oils, but as long as the specification is the same, they will be as good. Check the full spec not just viscosity. They are probably refined in the same place. Same as fuel, Asda & Tesco don't have their own refineries but because of their buying power, they get it cheaper so sell it cheaper plus if they can get you into their shops at the same time its a win, win.

Post #593937 Tue Jan 28 2020 12:02pm
Col

Thanks all, the slight problem is the owners book says spec. WSS-M2C925-A Sae 5w-20 but that spec. has been discontinued. I think it has been replaced by WSS-M2C945-A 0w-20. The dealer here has been using Castrol Edge Pro. E C5 0w-20 which is fine but just can't buy it here from factors, so just trying to find a good alternative brand to the Castrol only the options here are a little limited. Just that Penrite do seem to do a 5w-20 fully synthetic which meets the spec. etc. according to their web site so probably go for that.

https://www.penriteoil.com.au/products/enviro-5w-20-full-syn

Cheers
Col

Post #593963 Tue Jan 28 2020 10:05pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Col, Looks like Ford Motorcraft use that spec of oil. Might be worth a call to a dealership
Also try Shell website http://lubematch.shell.com just put in make & model

Post #593970 Wed Jan 29 2020 9:28am
Col

Lindab, have tried using original UK reg. etc. on all main oil supplier web sites i.e Castrol, Shell, Mobil etc. although they all recognise the car only Shell come back with a oil recommendation the rest say something like ring their technical department, even Castrol which was original oil supplier for factory. However it looks like the new spec. for the original 5w20 is WSS-M2C-948-B or can use WSS-M2C945-A which is 0w-20 as long as they meet JLR spec STJLR.51.5122 they are both fine, according to Penrite website their 5W-20 fully synthetic oil meets all these specs. but might just leave it to dealer less hassle, don't really mind putting into dealer but at around £300.00 just for basically a oil and filter change is a bit OTT. Not sure why it has to be so difficult just to obtain the correct oil though. Thumbs Up

Cheers
Col

Post #594029 Wed Jan 29 2020 11:34pm
IRBails

Australia 
Re: Penrite Engine Oil

Col wrote:
Anybody have experience of Penrite engine oil in this part of world, impossible to buy either 5w20 or 0w20 Castrol Edge here in NZ, only supply to dealers and they do not want to sell just the oil to you. The Penrite alternatives are readily available off the shelf and just wondered if it was good quality or what others use in their 5.0L S/C as plenty of them down here.

Cheers
Col

I use it I just go for brands that are on discount with the right spec, Purchased 20 litres from Super Cheap last time M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #596383 Wed Mar 11 2020 10:02pm
Googs

Australia 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I have researched Penrite oils and for the price you won't go past them. Cool

Post #628050 Tue Nov 08 2022 6:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1