RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > RRS 2.7 2008 MISSFIRE ON TICKOVER AND CLOUDS OF SMOKE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Markmarc

United Kingdom 
RRS 2.7 2008 MISSFIRE ON TICKOVER AND CLOUDS OF SMOKE

Hi to all this question is put to mikey....
Ive got a 2 7 RRS thats bellowing out smoke ruff idle but clears above 2000 rpm using excessive fuel maybe 4 to the gallon and filling up my sump with diesel.The car originally had cam belt failure oil pump snapped etc.i changed belt pump etc and replace cam cap bolts that had popped and re timed it up it started up okay and sounded 98 percent okay.drive round a few days with no issues as such but would get smoke on initial pull away.i could here the slightest of missfires but nothing to shout about.after a few days i done a alues check on thr injectors and had a unbalance on pot 5 and 1400 on injector 2 i changed the injector out and sent it out on a relearn 30 mile ish i got back more smoke reappeared. I reved the nuts out of it and heard a pop and then the problems began...125 litres of fuel been put in the car on testing local .loads of smoke missfire on low revs. random faults engine system failure.etc etc.ive changed the injectors but made the mistake of opening them up and cleaning to make sure ive got a good spray pattern.ive sent the ecu which is what i think is the issue to a muppet in stoke to clone with another and intern screwes the 2nd one up and had to refund me for his bodge.ive ripped the heads off and changed both heads as i was getting low compression on the one bank when i tested it so straight away i thought theres the fault NO CHANGE cams have been changed and all valves new head gaskets etc top end rebuild.And No Difference! ANY SUGGESTIONS PLS having a melt down..oh ps i done a leak off test with these injectors and believe there shagged 4 minute run see photo...pump in tanks been changed plenty of pressure etc.

Post #595739 Fri Feb 28 2020 3:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1