RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Help me raise funds for Save the Children - Berlin Marathon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fkarim

United Kingdom 
Help me raise funds for Save the Children - Berlin Marathon

(Martin has approved this thread in advance)

Hi all,

Some of you may remember me from the days when I was a little more active on this forum. I no longer drive a Range Rover Sport (or any other LR product for that matter) but still regularly check this site. It became a habit over the 6+ years of my RRS ownership.

Anyway ... back in those days, I remember members successfully raising funds for charitable causes and I was highly impressed by this community’s generosity. That’s why I wanted to start fundraising for my challenge here.

I have secured a charity place with Save the Children UK for my first (and probably the only) marathon in September. BMW Berlin Marathon is an event that needs no introduction. Over 62,000 people participated in different categories last year from all over the world.

I was sort of forced to take up running 3 years ago due to my move to a different office that didn’t have an on-site gym, unlike my previous location. However, I have really “gotten into it” only over the last year or so and am not marathon fit yet. I am obsessive about it and don’t skip my runs under any circumstances but I will need to rigorously train for that distance!

I appreciate the event is a long way off but I wanted to start asking for donations early because:
1. I would like to reach or get very close to the target as soon as possible so that I can focus on my training more.
2. There is still plenty of time left in the 2019-2020 tax year so UK taxpayers can get tax relief this year rather than next, if they choose to gift aid any donations.

I have set up a JustGiving page here. There is more info on it if anyone is interested. Please note that all funds raised will go directly to the charity and not used for any of my expenses. Please remember: donations of any size are welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time ... I realise it was a lengthy post. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #593492 Sat Jan 18 2020 9:21pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thanks to my first supporter - I really appreciate it. You have chosen to make an anonymous donation so I don’t know who you are. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #593534 Mon Jan 20 2020 8:54am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Friday bump for this. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #593757 Fri Jan 24 2020 9:37am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Another bump. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #594154 Sat Feb 01 2020 8:03pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

And another Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #595143 Tue Feb 18 2020 6:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1