RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Engine system fault?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ziceman

United Kingdom 
Engine system fault?

Range rover Sport 2007, I'm getting Engine system fault appear on dash, but after about 6 miles, nothing happens apart from dead power on acceleration but still can pick up speed to 70mph but at a slower rate, if I stop and restart vehicle acceleration is fine again until error pops up again.

I've checked battery and that's ok, I've done a reset by touching live and neutral together, but error still comes back after driving roughly 6 miles.

All help is appreciated thanks.

Post #592777 Sat Jan 04 2020 8:10pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

similar symptoms to mine which turned out to be turbo actuator but mine is a 2010 facelift 3.0. Need to get diagnostics readings done to find out the problem. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #592792 Sun Jan 05 2020 12:22am
Ziceman

United Kingdom 

Your right my icarsoft diagnostic tool is not telling me anything tbh, will book it in. Bought the yoke 2½ years ago all was fantastic loved the drive then November onwards it's been Replacing ACE pipes then it was the fuel pump in December and straight after getting vehicle I've had this menacing error. Had 2 new Turbos fitted march 2018.

Thanks for the reply as it's good to be acknowledged as atm from driving my dream vehicle granted not new but had so many obstacles kids a dominating wifey who crushed my dream whenever I mentioned it until after 30 years of marriage having a serious back op that automatic I needed and me finally finding my balls I bought it without asking😳 but I feel like getting it fixed and going back to reliable ASX in auto this as I'm waiting and listening for a problem.😭😭😭😭

Post #592801 Sun Jan 05 2020 1:37am
Godders

These cars certainly do put immense pressure on marital relations and mental scars on us every time a dash board light comes on followed by "what now". I did put posts on about my issues with the codes that I was getting for the actuator which if you can't find I will check iwhen you get yours done Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #592927 Mon Jan 06 2020 7:34pm
Ziceman

United Kingdom 

Godders I've been looking into the actuator since you mentioned it and all symptoms related to my problem.

I seen as it's 3.6 V8 that its far more tricky as your under the yoke and it's locating and able to use a hook and sprays to release it and make it loose again.

On my many hours of searching I found a someone said before journey and after is turn key off and on but not starting it around 10 times, I did this Sunday morning and been doing same runs back and forth and atm no errors and running fine, I've also laid off putting it into cruise control as soon as I can as I think it's not helping.

Because doing key solution worked it definitely narrowed it down to the actuator, I will definitely get under it and try to locate and spray otherwise I know it will come back to haunt me.🥴

Thanks it's great having someone replying even thou might be wrong just to narrow down a problem.👍

Post #592970 Tue Jan 07 2020 6:05pm
Godders

My car is the facelift 3.0 and the actuators are different between the two cars, sorry my fault for not pointing that out. Glad you got it sorted and enjoy the car until the next test.
Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #592973 Tue Jan 07 2020 6:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1