RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Poll : Ownership of Range Rover
If you had your time again would you buy your current (or last) Range Rover again?
Yes without doubt
51%
 51%  [49]
Probably would
31%
 31%  [30]
Probably not
7%
 7%  [7]
No way
9%
 9%  [9]
Total Votes: 95

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Garry

United Kingdom 
Poll : Ownership of Range Rover

If you had your time again would you buy your current (or last) Range Rover again? 2018/68 RRS PHEV - Indus (sold)
2008 RRS Tdv8
1995 Discovery diesel.
Lots of other non Land Rover cars.

Post #592172 Sat Dec 21 2019 3:09pm
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

I put "probably would". I'd always wanted a sport, had one for just over 2 years, enjoyed it and moved on. Didnt prove as troublesome as I'd feared but generally just too expensive to run for continuous ownership (especially depreciation).

I'm absolutely loving the new Jimny! Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #592176 Sat Dec 21 2019 5:11pm
00by

I went for probably would, but this is based on saying I definitely would get a RRS but would alter the timing slightly!

I bought an approved used in early summer 2018, exactly at the point it seemed the whole world conspired against diesels/SUVs/JLR/pretty much everything.
This meant that those first 12 months the car suffered eye watering depreciation (about double what I expected). In fact, it would have been cheaper to lease a brand new one!

Pretty depressing...at least it seems to have slowed right down now.

So, I would definitely buy a RRS again - it's a fantastic car and, touch wood, has been completely reliable.
I would simply hang on for another year if I had my time again and save myself a packet - hindsight, eh! MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #592184 Sat Dec 21 2019 8:14pm
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Definitely would, only had mine three months & wish I'd bought one years ago most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven & brings a smile every time I drive it.

Post #592191 Sun Dec 22 2019 7:29am
Pakolainen

Finland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Rimini Red

Originally had an '06 and despite the usual problems loved it. When it came time to renew the wife had a Jag XE and wanted to trade both in a for an MB GLC. I was only looking at a newer version RRS. and that's what we got.
Such is now that after 18 months the wife is now eyeing up the P400, but the depreciation on our '16 can't be stomached right now. 2019 RRS P400e Autobiography
2014 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE Dynamic
2006 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSe
Alfa Romeo Guillietta 2.0 JTDM 2011
Mazda 3 1.6 2010
Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX 2005

Post #592192 Sun Dec 22 2019 8:51am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I went through all the regular issues and costs in the initial years of owning my second-hand RRS. Lately it has been relatively trouble free but I am expecting that some big bills are hiding around the corner as I go through the 100,000 mile barrier. And as detailed on another thread on this forum the full costs of running one are painful in the cold light of day. I think many of us were stung by the depreciation; certainly I was. I thought that by buying a 2008 car in 2016 most of the depreciation costs would have been eliminated but, as 00by mentioned, the diesel fiasco plus SUV issues, JLR intransigence to change in the market place and its customers etc. meant that that cost was substantial. When I come to change it, either through choice or because the potential further maintenance costs outweigh the plus points of owning it, I will look around for sure but I guess I am thinking along the lines of PHEV or EV. Having seen Harry's Garage You Tube on the P400e I am very impressed but whether I can afford one will of course be a big issue. And sensibly, I need to carefully weigh up the alternative manufacturers.

So I suppose this thinking out loud means that I love the car, but am not joined at the hip to JLR. So I have voted Probably Would. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #592194 Sun Dec 22 2019 9:53am
Andy494

United Kingdom 

Best car I’ve had which is saying something after 10 years with a fault free discovery 4. I’m a Land Rover fan, my first car was a defender and stuck with them ever since.

A few quirks I can live with, its a Land Rover after all!

Post #592207 Sun Dec 22 2019 12:37pm
Geedubu187

United Kingdom 

I have voted yes. Earlier in the year I decided to change my 2015 RRS and went down the route of looking around at what alternatives were out there. Visited a Mercedes dealer and ended up buying a new GLE, service from MB was astounding having had LR products for the last 5 years and having to deal with LR dealers, but after about 3 months just couldn't bring myself to really like it so changed for another RRS. Now loving every drive again (just not the hole in my wallet now after the loss on the Mercedes) so yes I think when time comes to change another RRS will be top of the list. Fortunately SWMBO also felt the same about the Mercedes so that helped the decision making.

Graham 2024 110 X Dynamic SE P400e
2019 Hse Dynamic Carpathian grey----gone
Mercedes GLE arrived, now also gone
2015 HSE dynamic Corris grey-gone

Post #592208 Sun Dec 22 2019 12:46pm
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

For sure. I have a 2018 Bosphorus Grey SVR and it's simply fantastic. Despite the fact that the InControl Touch Pro Duo has not been flawless I would still buy this exact configuration again. There have been zero mechanical issues and the touch pro duo problems are extremely infrequent after several updates. The last one I was able to do over the air. I think the switch over from the old infotainment to the new one was very ambitious for LR and they didn't quite pull it off, but came close. But more importantly it's just so great to drive and every time I approach it while parked I just love the design and am proud to own it. The good parts are so much better than any negatives.

When I look around there isn't anything I'd rather have. Sure there are so called SUV's that are faster 0-60 but don't have the utility or luxury elements of the Sport. The SVR is the perfect blend of an actual offroad vehicle and something comfortable and fast to drive every single day. The overall design is just different than everything else available and I hope there is continued distinction for the next generation of the Sport. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #592250 Mon Dec 23 2019 6:40am
Gandalf

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Deffo had mine 2 years now spent just over a 2K on him rear lower wishbones tyres all round and a few bits and bobs been a great car. I've decided to ignore the none functioning F&R sensors and the rear glass tailgate that won't open. If it ain't broken down it soon will
Pulling my Vanmaster tin tent with my 2005 RED RRS HSE TDV6

1973 Land Rover Series 3 110 safari Gone but not forgotten
1990 Discovery 200Tdi Gone thank god
1996 Discovery 300Tdi sadly missed
2003 Discovery TD5 Gone to LR heaven
2004 Discovery TD5 Gone to Aberdeen hope it likes it there
2005 RRS HSE Rimini Red (my Disco 3 in a posh frock) sadly selling
Think I see a pattern here

Post #592282 Mon Dec 23 2019 2:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I voted probably would. After 30 years continuous LR ownership and having over the years run 3 RRS, Including a launch day delivered 2.7 SE in 2005, that were almost faultless I would have another one, but would have another one any day if the prices returned to being sensible - I would even buy used instead of new if JLR would just acknowledge that the SDv6 engine has a design fault and would public make a statement that they will replace broken engines for free that are as a result of the problem, but they won’t. I’m 18 months into ownership of a much less expensive car that in that time has had one minor defect, a rattle from the sunshade on the panoramic roof otherwise no servicing due until May 2021 - 3 years after buying it! But also I no longer have to do drives the length of the UK which both the L322 FFRRs and the Evoques as well as the RRS’s I have owned have been superb cars for doing that sort of drive in. The RRS’s are also hugely underrated / underused for their OffRoad ability - they really are very good Offroad. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #592298 Mon Dec 23 2019 7:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
The RRS’s are also hugely underrated / underused for their OffRoad ability - they really are very good Offroad.

I towed a Transit out of a wet, muddy, grass field t'other day after a shoot. My mate who has a Defender said that he was expecting the RRS's wheels to slip/spin but they did exactly what they would on tarmac. He was impressed. I'd just stuck it in low range and leaned against the weight of the Transit before giving a touch of throttle to get moving. No dramas.

S'funny because this is the same friend that I followed around Yarwell quarry a few years ago in my TDV8. We went everywhere the Defender did and even made a couple of climbs look easy that he'd had a few goes at.

Anyone says to me "the RRS is rubbish off road" gets a smile and a "you've never driven one off road, have you?". No one who says that to me admits to ever having driven one. Says it all.

The RRS is the best all round vehicle that LR make. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #592311 Tue Dec 24 2019 1:23am
rangiejools

Australia 

I say probably but I have recently had an SDV6 F Pace on loan and really loved it. Great handling and performance and very nimble compared to RRS. I could go for the F Pace SVR which is a bargain price but will probably lose my license with the draconian speed limits we have down here in Aus. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #592554 Tue Dec 31 2019 1:24am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Off Topic You be careful down there Rangiejools. Feel for you guys and praying for some rain Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #592557 Tue Dec 31 2019 7:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1