RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE front fuse location
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ryan_holton

United Kingdom 
2011 Range Rover Sport HSE front fuse location

Hi, I have a 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE 3L V6, I've got 3 cigarette lighters and am trying to power a basic car dash cam which the power is rated at: 5V 1A through the front cigarette lighter, however, upon plugging it in, I had no power going through the cable, I tried several angles and nothing worked. I plugged it into the rear row and that cigarette lighter worked perfectly!

I did however notice when looking inside the front cigarette lighter the bottom plate looked different to the cigarette lighter in the back row seats? Could someone tell me if their's looks different? Or attach a photo of the inside of the front one?

I'm trying to figure out what fuse is required, and where the fuse is located, I don't have the car manual, so wondered what size/volt/amp fuse is required and whether someone could show me through a photo of the location?

Many thanks!!

Post #592382 Thu Dec 26 2019 8:27pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Fuse 52 20amp (yellow) behind lower glove box passengers side.

Cheers
Col

Post #592384 Thu Dec 26 2019 10:03pm
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Get a dedicated hardwire kit and use the piggy back fuse holder as Col suggests. If you get the dedicated kit it will supply the correct voltage to the dash cam.
Iv'e just done the same for the wife's Mokka (I know, she chose it), Nextbase 222 with hardwire kit. I wouldn't say it was a walk in the park but only because it was awkward to get the fuse out (lost it in the dash, obviously) and then broke the lower glove box hinges (only £6 fortunately).

Post #592410 Fri Dec 27 2019 4:23pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I did initially mean fuse 52 is the one for the front cigarette lighter, but Oldandconfused is right with 52, when I hardwired dash cam used 52 as Aux feed and 48 as Live feed, I also connected two wires to each of the piggy back fly leads so had a spare pair of wires if wanted to add something else at a later date that need a aux and live feeds. Use long nose tapered pliers to remove fuse, the tool supplied in fuse box is absolutely useless.

Cheers
Col

Post #592417 Fri Dec 27 2019 9:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1