Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Advice needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Riley76

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Advice needed

Hi, I am new to the forum and first time posting
I currently have a 2006 hse 2.7tdv6 bought about 6 month ago.spent a fortune fixing bits on it but must admit I love to drive it my problem is the engine appears to have seized and it’s only been out of a local independent garage a couple of days after having the turbo reconditioned at a cost of £900.i had only driven about 35-40 miles when the engine died. I have been told it’s possible the oil feed to the turbo could av been connected wrong and massively contributed to it seizing. It as done 150k but as full service history and up to this happening I had no problems or concerns.
Just wanted some experienced advice on if there is any chance it could be the case and how to go about dealing with it correctly to try and resolve it. Thanks in advance

Post #591459 Wed Dec 04 2019 12:45pm
andyslandy

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Tonga Green

Firstly welcome to the fold and sorry to hear of the problem, if i was you i would contact the place that did the work and explain everything to them whilst keeping calm as this makes it hard for them to get stroppy, make a note of their replies should you need to take it further. It might be worth contacting the trading standards office at County Offices in Matlock to get some sound advice and they will talk you through it. Good luck, Andy.

Post #591460 Wed Dec 04 2019 1:15pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

check the oil level on the dip stick. Is there oil on it, or is the engine empty of oil ?

Is there any large sings of oil under the car ?

Post #591461 Wed Dec 04 2019 1:22pm
Riley76

The oil is still measuring as on max (receipt from turbo work day before lists oil and filter change) but at the time it broke down it was raining and due to this could see a small amount of oil in spots down the road about every foot or so.i was intending to cut my losses and accept a offer for £1800 spares/repairs I going to be 5000 quid out of pocket but can’t justify spending another 2-3k on it especially with Xmas so close. Thanks

Post #591480 Thu Dec 05 2019 1:12am
Riley76

andyslandy wrote:
Firstly welcome to the fold and sorry to hear of the problem, if i was you i would contact the place that did the work and explain everything to them whilst keeping calm as this makes it hard for them to get stroppy, make a note of their replies should you need to take it further. It might be worth contacting the trading standards office at County Offices in Matlock to get some sound advice and they will talk you through it. Good luck, Andy.

Thank you Andy and I hear your advice and it sunk in....shouting and screaming at a garage owner/staff will be the least help.the garage I used was very nice and said if it’s there fault they will repair for free but its difficult to prove and most likely be inconclusive due to mileage and age. Learned a hard expensive lesson from it and I will own another at some point but will try saving up longer and get one a lot newer thank you Andy

Post #591481 Thu Dec 05 2019 1:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1