RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Multiple Faults, Won't Start
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gdbevan

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey
Multiple Faults, Won't Start

My MY11 RRS 3.0D HSE Auto is playing silly Censored . After a short period of the car not starting 1st time and some spurious fault codes, I bought and fitted a new battery on the 15th Nov, car was running fine with no faults for 4 days then came out to it one morning and wouldn't unlock. Changed battery in fob, still wouldn't unlock. Used emergency key to enter but car didn't recognise smart key. Held key under steering wheel and got ignition on but still wouldn't start. Tried to jump start with no luck. I now have a car I can lock and unlock but won't start, doesn't crank, doesn't click and entertainment system says battery low, however took battery back to the motor factors I purchased it from and they tested it, it says 70% and good. All the lights on the dashboard come on and all the electronics appear to work, and it throws up a load of fault codes stating with ABS fault, then carries on with others including no stability control, no special programmes, vehicle lean when cornering, etc. I don't know what's wrong with the car, but various forums suggest it could be brake light switch, starter motor, bad grounding, brake sensor failure, or immobiliser. I've have one bloke come out and tell me it the power unit grounding badly and the whole thing needs replacing, and a mobile bloke came out to look at it yesterday and he says it's an ABS fault and it's not communicating with the ECU. I'm very confused. Can anybody shed any light on what it could be and what I should get done first? Cheers. G

Post #591402 Tue Dec 03 2019 8:57am
Lolli pop

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Having similar issue. Car was reporting charging fault the day before. Took battery out and Charged battery overnight. The car started but after a while cut out in middle of the road and threw up lots of faults such as gearbox, lean, charging etc. Couldn’t move the gear lever to neutral. Was able to use jump leads to get car started and took another 1/2 hour before the battery had sufficient charge that the gearbox lever could be moved and could move car to side of road. Called The AA, they came out and diagnosed The battery is not charging. Couldn’t test alternator as buried within engine bay. Put a new battery and followed us home. He plugged in diagnostic into OBD and it had 12 faults. Now waiting for new alternator to turn up and hopefully this will solve the problem.

Post #592860 Sun Jan 05 2020 5:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1