RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Wheel alignment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

HaggisMan

United Kingdom 
Wheel alignment

Just had my 2019MY HSE in for its first service and mentioned the car seemed to be tracking slightly to the left, as it has done for months (in fact almost since new). The local dealer confirmed it was off and offered to correct it....for £165+VAT!!!!!!!

After I had a full and frank exchange of views with them (!) they agreed to cover the cost, but when Halfords, ATS and others quote around £35-50 for laser alignment on a RRS, I’m not surprised - they clearly knew they’d been rumbled trying to rob me blind.

Also, apparently despite being built to traverse rivers and mountains, they told me even a pothole or prolonged parking with a wheel on a kerb can knock the alignment off....

Post #591136 Thu Nov 28 2019 4:24pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

£165 for wheel alignment Shocked I’m under charging at £50.mines the computerised though not the lasers
https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic54904.html Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #591141 Thu Nov 28 2019 5:58pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
Re: Wheel alignment

HaggisMan wrote:
Just had my 2019MY HSE in for its first service and mentioned the car seemed to be tracking slightly to the left, as it has done for months (in fact almost since new). The local dealer confirmed it was off and offered to correct it....for £165+VAT!!!!!!!

After I had a full and frank exchange of views with them (!) they agreed to cover the cost, but when Halfords, ATS and others quote around £35-50 for laser alignment on a RRS, I’m not surprised - they clearly knew they’d been rumbled trying to rob me blind.

Also, apparently despite being built to traverse rivers and mountains, they told me even a pothole or prolonged parking with a wheel on a kerb can knock the alignment off....

They're being a bit cheeky - I know a lot of 18/68/19 plate cars that were coming misaligned/balanced out of the factory!!!!

My old SDV8 and a JLR loan vehicle were two of them !!! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #591159 Thu Nov 28 2019 8:50pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

I wonder if that’s why they didn’t put up as much of a resistance as I was expecting. Only one rant did the trick.

More interesting is I wonder why they left the factory misaligned over this period. My car is 68 plate and overall I’d say the build quality is very poor - much worse than I expected - and this is just another example. Still love the car though...🥴

Post #591165 Thu Nov 28 2019 9:38pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

Has anyone had similar problems with wheel alignment. My 2019MY was last week and has come back much the same, or even slightly worse, despite having had all 4 wheels checked as the alignment was apparently out.

The pulling is not huge but it’s definitely there - in fact the technician who delivered it back to me noticed it and phoned the dealer en route to ask If he should take it back or deliver me it back anyway (I agreed the latter as I needed it over the weekend). However I can’t decide if it’s maybe just following road camber on wide tyres and 21” wheels, since it’s been doing this basically since brand new and on some roads it’s not as noticeable as others. He thought it might be that too but as he hadn’t done the checks himself he didn’t have the details.

Anyway, aside from adverse tyre wear, would a slight misalignment cause any problems?

Post #591669 Mon Dec 09 2019 4:38pm
PEACHY

England 

Not wheel alignment but wheel related - during a recent health check I was advised I had a slow puncture. I was quoted £86 by the dealership to repair the tyre - the reply I gave was NO THANK YOU. It was repaired at HI Q for £18 - you could almost see the dealership from the seating area in HI Q tyre bay Whistle 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #591672 Mon Dec 09 2019 7:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

£86 for a puncture repair Laughing .when my14 went in for service a couple of years ago they called & said my wheels need balancing because when the tech took my car out he noticed wheel wobble,I replied how fast as he gone in it as I’ve had it to 130 & not noticed it,,ow & while I’m on the fone I’ll just mention I have my own tyre place & check my wheels regularly.They were lost for words. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #591673 Mon Dec 09 2019 7:23pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

PEACHY wrote:
Not wheel alignment but wheel related - during a recent health check I was advised I had a slow puncture. I was quoted £86 by the dealership to repair the tyre - the reply I gave was NO THANK YOU. It was repaired at HI Q for £18 - you could almost see the dealership from the seating area in HI Q tyre bay Whistle

They would be charging you for half an hour of their time to wheel it over the road to the tyre place... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #591679 Mon Dec 09 2019 8:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1