RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Adjust RRS 2016 headlights driving in france
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Half Man Half Pie

United Kingdom 
Adjust RRS 2016 headlights driving in france

Good evening. I'm looking to buy a 2016 Sport but drive a lot in France. I have seen different comments on the net and at LR dealers about if you need to adjust your headlights and if so how.
A lot say no need to adjust while the same amount say you will be flashed a lot.
There is similar confusion about auto high beam assist which gives an option for driving on left or right.
I may be wrong but for high beam assist, it looks like it only changes where the sensor looks for lights coming towards you and because it's looking in the wrong place, leaves the beams on high.
Any help that can find out the truth would be appreciated.
Also, any key things to look for when buying from a LR dealer
Cheers

Post #590051 Thu Nov 07 2019 8:04pm
scarey

i'm pretty sure that 2016's have flat beam headlights so no adjustments are necessary...

Post #590063 Thu Nov 07 2019 9:45pm
Half Man Half Pie

United Kingdom 

Thanks Scarey. That's what the handbook says but it then mentions AHBA and how to change the side of the road you are driving on.
The dealers aren't much use to be honest on this one.
In the same day we had contradictory messages so coming to the RRS community who use the cars seemed the best bet.
I think that the changenusing AHBA just relates to where it looks and if it's looking towards the right for oncoming cars as it would in the uk, then it wont see the cars on the left and therefore not auto cut the high beam,

Post #590071 Thu Nov 07 2019 10:44pm
Farmer Chalk

I’ve just come back from driving around Italy on a two week tour and as you said I just changed over the headlights via the driver controls in the main menu... took seconds and I drove around without incident...

Can honestly say the car was exquisite... first day had to drive 720 miles...got out fresh as a daisy!
Sublime car....took in some interesting roads...the Amalfi Coast road to the Stelvio Pass...awesome!

Post #590078 Fri Nov 08 2019 7:22am
Half Man Half Pie

United Kingdom 

Farmer Chalk, was it quick and easy as you had the auto high beam assist ?

Post #590079 Fri Nov 08 2019 7:47am
PIG88

United Kingdom 

We have a 2016 HSE without AHBA. We have taken it on long runs through France about twelve times over the years and have never had to adjust the headlights or had people flashing us - the flat dipped beam seems to work just fine on either side of the road.

If you buy one with AHBA, it may be necessary to change sides in the dash menu (we had AHBA on our previous RRS and I recall it was easy to change sides for France). You should also find that you can disable AHBA in the dash menu if you prefer to do that while in France (just remember to dip manually!). Current: 2020 P400e HSE Dynamic

Gone: 2016 SDV6 HSE
2012 SDV6 SE

Post #590116 Fri Nov 08 2019 4:37pm
Half Man Half Pie

United Kingdom 

thanks very much for the responses which have more or less confirmed that the normal headlights are ok and the only issue is if you are using AHBA, you need to change the side of drive or turn it off.

I tried to buy a RRS this week but it turned out that the spec in the ad was not the spec of the car so bit annoyed.

Some of the sales people dont really know the cars they are selling which is even true of LR dealers.

Off to France in the D3 tomorrow and will have the usual ritual of moving the levers to move the lights over which is something I wont miss

Looking forward to buying a car when I get back

Post #590117 Fri Nov 08 2019 4:49pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I had an MY16 AB with AHBA and took it to mainland Europe a few times. No adjustment needed other than for AHBA. I think the reason AHBA system needs to be told about which side of the road you're driving on is so that it knows which side to expect light (or lack off) from oncoming vehicles and treat it as input for turning high beam off (and back on). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #590118 Fri Nov 08 2019 5:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1