RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Transfer Control Module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Davidno64

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 S Stornoway Grey
Transfer Control Module

[size=18]Hi, question is specifically for 08 TDV8 R.R.S but should be applicable to all L320. Big Cry

A quick history lesson. This started with a weird ongoing problems with car. see other post's. Mainly caused by Battery Charger blowing up Battery and P.C.M, etc, This had all been replaced, then running. Started with bad smoke (mostly now cleared). Poor Idle & running. Injector Timing issues on #4, high trim value of 1400 while all others ~650. Then no trim values, defaulting to 1000 and back & forth. Now that's self cleared #6 injectors turn, Shut down, Timing issue and Fuel Trims stuck now at 1000.
Censored

Now car is Idling rough, light smoke, no power (not enough to move at all). Many error codes, clear codes and they return, DTC are; C1A00-54, U0401-34, U0010-88, U0132-7, P0405-21, P104A-21, P020F-33, C1A00-54U A03-62 AND A SERIES OF CODES B1B7(X)-00.
EGR related codes are due to EGR's currently removed (no overall difference to operation). But a very weird fault. Keeping the Transfer Box in High ratio, it will idle and give OBD codes. difficult to move under it's own power (engine barley revs). Put the Transfer Box into Low Ratio, in addition now the motor will not Idle & dies. can restart but have to feather the accelerator to keep running.

I am suspect of the T.C.M (historically had corroded 2 pins. Cleaned pins and replaced crimp on Wire end of Plug), suspect once it was also wet. But these OBD codes (some will clear and return), and as I have a New P.C.M and confirmed engine is Mechanically OK. I'm suspect that P.C.M is getting a confused signals on the CANBUS line, telling the P.C.M to do crazy Fueling/Injector control. Idea
I'm aware that this module acts as a gateway between the P.C.M and others and as this is electrically closest distance and resistance to main P.C.M. It is the most likely module to fail with & when original P.C.M was damaged? and can anyone confirm the above mentioned fault codes relate to operation of the T.C.M. If I replace T.C.M new, does it require programming. Or if I obtain a used T.C.M will it operate (Plug/n/Play)? Full decription of T.C.M and it's operation(s).
[/size]

Post #588704 Wed Oct 16 2019 5:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1