RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Confusing Spec Speak - Help Please?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Confusing Spec Speak - Help Please?

Hi all

I looked up the spec on a possible purchase, 16 plate SVR, and it says it has lane change merge aid but does not have proximity mirrors so my question is, does it have the door mirrors that warn or traffic in the blind spot and doesnt have the reverse taffic detection system that warns of passing cars when reversing, or is it the other way round? Seems like the mirrors one is pretty clear but then lane change merge aid is not for reversing, WTF lol.

Thanks

Carl

Post #588547 Sun Oct 13 2019 7:53pm
Farmer Chalk

I may be wrong but I think you’ll find the lane change doesn’t require the mirrors....it uses the front camera to determine the lane change without the indicators being used...I had it on my last 494 and it’s useless and you’ll never use it...all it does is shake the steering wheel if the car veers across lanes if you haven’t indicated..

Post #588555 Sun Oct 13 2019 10:07pm
carlos50

Sorry i dont mean the one that shakes the steering wheel, it has that aswell, the spec says lane merge aid which I assume is when you want to change lanes and it beeps to tell you something is coming from the rear, blind spot monitoring really.

Is the phrase proximity mirrors for the reverse traffic detection perhaps

Very confusing so will ask the dealer if it has the alerts in the mirror glass or not

Post #588556 Sun Oct 13 2019 10:18pm
carlos50

Or maybe you’re right and that explains it, Ive not got the spec sheet to hand to see if it said something else for the one that shakes the wheel

Post #588557 Sun Oct 13 2019 10:32pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Blind spot alert,the mirrors will have 2 little squares in bottom corner,one is red to let you know the vehicle overtaking you is close so don't pull out,its also good when reversing out of blind spots as it lets you know if their is anything coming across the rear of you,i had it on my SC & it works well. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #588564 Mon Oct 14 2019 7:51am
carlos50

Yeah I have the blind spot monitoring, reverse traffic detection and the lane change assist that shakes the steering wheel on my L405 5.0 SC but havent seen this SVR as yet. The spec list from LR says it has lane departure warning system which I assume is the one that shakes the steering wheel, it has lane change merge aid but not proximity mirrors.

I know it has the one that shakes the wheel as its turned off from a button down by the right knee rather than dash and I can see that in the pictures I was sent, but its unclear on the other two. I think lane change merge aid is related to the reverse traffic detection actually because my L405 spec list says reverse traffic detection/CTA/LCMA which I believe is cross traffic assist and lane change merge aid, so just really odd that somebody would spec every option on the car and miss the blind spot monitoring because the spec sheet clearly says less proximity mirrors. Car has surround cameras, self park and the other options so I will have to ask the dealer to have a look for the little square things in the mirror glass.

Thanks

Post #588565 Mon Oct 14 2019 8:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1