RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > First SVR service - 5 issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Lindab wrote:
Dangermouse, you must be very easy going to accept what you are saying regarding your car. Accepting shoddy workmanship means they think they are doing a good job as there are no complaints, so why change it. If it aint broke why fix it.
If your previous cars were worse than that, why would you continue with the brand..
I have no complaints with my car, but cannot understand why people with genuine complaints, don't complain.
Words fail me Censored

I've had quite a few JLR cars in the past and to be honest I've just gotten used to it now.

You're never going to get a perfect one, so do you either accept one with a handful of small QC issues or do you move to another brand.

I moved figured the other brands weren't for me and came back knowing I was going to have QC issues no matter what I got - it was just a matter of how many and how bad they were.

Do I wish the cars would have less QC issues? Absolutely.

But what's the point? I'm not going to go to another brand as I like Range Rovers and I'm not going to spend 2/3 months trying to back the thing and get a small refund just to get an identical car with all the same problems, maybe a few more or maybe a few less.

That's just me though, maybe I'm wrong, I've just become accustomed to it now over the past 7 years since I started the whole JLR journey. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #588397 Thu Oct 10 2019 7:19pm
Jjvd21

United States 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, what would you say if the dealer said they wanted to remove and reinstall your dash at 800 miles? Or they are dropping your headliner etc.? As stated above I don’t expect a vehicle to be perfect, but at this price point I think a consumer should expect fit and finish above my experience under 800 miles.

Post #588400 Thu Oct 10 2019 9:05pm
DangerMouseUK

No I wouldn't let my dash come out at 800 miles or drop the headliner - if it was those two issues I'd expect to swap it for a new one to be honest.

Thats why I don't want the mechanics to touch my car because history has told me they don't normally solve the QC issues they just end up making them worse !! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #588410 Thu Oct 10 2019 11:04pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I kinda reads like you do, in fact, expect perfection. Whistle

An SVO vehicle has a degree of "hand built character" about it. It's a British thing! Laughing

If you love the car, and they can easily resolve or distract you from some of the cosmetic anomalies, then that will be a result, and just enjoy putting your foot down and unleashing those glorious ponies. Thumbs Up

NOTE: for the record, that dash ain't leather. Looks like PU leather, i.e. plastic. Same for non-AB L405s, so this is standard LR dash topping stuff. Extended leather is standard on SVR but that means mid-facia and door rolls only in the USA, not dash topper. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #588418 Fri Oct 11 2019 1:07am
DangerMouseUK

I used to hold JLR to much higher quality standards than I do now which isn't a good thing, I've just given up being super fussy as none of their cars would ever pass the grade.

Do I wish them to be better than they are? Yes.

For now though I still buy them.

There's also some thing that I wouldn't accept on the cars I guess it just depends on what your idea of acceptable is. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #588463 Fri Oct 11 2019 6:40pm
BKHK

Australia 

I feel your pain. I had quality issues with my 2017 V8SC which I bought new. My dealer did it’s very best. My tailgate was badly mis aligned, consensus was that it would need to go to the body shop but might end up worse.

I had repeated faults which involved several attempts to fix and removal of much of the interior. Eventually the problems involved dash removal and on seeing my car in so many pieces, I “sold” it back to their used department and took my losses where it hurt.

If I was in your shoes I would reject the car now.

I maintain that the SC and SVR are great engines surrounded by a collection of poor quality and badly assembled parts. I ended up slightly sad and angry at JLR after 20+ years of owning their products including a very reliable P38 when I lived in the USA, bought used and sold with 120k miles.

Post #588478 Sat Oct 12 2019 12:38am
DangerMouseUK

After this thread I've gone back to the dealer with my list of issues and asked them to sort them out.

Will see what they say, to be fair they're decent guys who I'm using now.

Wish I hadn't read it now lol. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #588501 Sat Oct 12 2019 4:16pm
Jjvd21

United States 

As we all know forums usually house more complaints than compliments. I love my SVR it matches everything I want in a vehicle and then some. I’m just disappointed in the build quality so we’ll see where I end up with LRNA. I appreciate the advice and commentary people have chimed in with on the thread Thumbs Up

Post #588504 Sat Oct 12 2019 4:34pm
DangerMouseUK

Had a chat with the dealership and I think it's gonna go back to them minus a small and fair charge for the mileage its done already.

Can't fault them after the discussion to be fair. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #588540 Sun Oct 13 2019 3:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12