RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Blimey, these cars are capable!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

HughN

Wales 
Blimey, these cars are capable!!

Having a nice day...

Post #574863 Sat Feb 09 2019 1:12pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

They certainly are Cool 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #574922 Sun Feb 10 2019 7:11am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quick wipe with a old towel and that'll be good as new! Rolling with laughter

These are very impressive vehicles, aren't they? Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #574934 Sun Feb 10 2019 10:38am
HughN

Wales 

It came back scratched to Censored and with a massive dent in the bonnet! Embarassed

I was not the only one surprised that I got across this field without getting stuck. Bog-standard 19" wheels and winter tyres.
(The byway had been ploughed).

Post #574940 Sun Feb 10 2019 12:03pm
RRSTDV8

Mine looked like that a few weeks ago when I was out feeding pheasants. Had to go across a wet field to get to some feeders. Absolutely caked in mud and the tyres looked like muddy doughnuts. It then rained overnight which got rid of most of the mud! Rolling with laughter

Scratches often look worse than they are. A dent, however, is a dent. How did you get the dent?

Looked like you almost got stopped on that muddy crossing, all going well and you were really slow at one point. Were you thinking " Censored I'm going to need a tow" at that point? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #574941 Sun Feb 10 2019 12:09pm
HughN

Wales 

The dent came from sliding into a tree (it jumped out of nowhere, honest!) It isn't creased, so might be retrievable.

It slowed-down as the car started to belly-out. One of the height controller gadgets now seems a very attractive idea!

I was thinking " Censored I'm going to need a tow" at that point, but was determined to make it.

Post #574943 Sun Feb 10 2019 12:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It is called super-extended mode and you can force the car into it but you would have to cross my palm with silver to get the secret out of me! Mr. Green there is a sensor under the car that will detect under car clearance and can extend the suspension a little bit more. If you have the DR pack on your TDv6 HSE there is rumoured to be another clever trick that the rear suspension can play to give a small amount more rear wheel articulation too. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #574958 Sun Feb 10 2019 4:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

What ground clearance sensor is that then Tim, other than the four ride height sensors?

Getting in to extended mode is easy off road, you just lower the car, it bottoms out and then automatically goes extended. Foot on the brake pedal and hold the raise button for a few seconds and you can then get super extended mode. Of course, if you're still stuck even then, then you need a tow! 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #574959 Sun Feb 10 2019 5:03pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Of you could look at the Land Rover Passion suspension ECU that i use Wink Thumbs Up

https://www.landroverpassion.com/en/ 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #574988 Sun Feb 10 2019 9:51pm
Diversurfer

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

RRSTDV8 wrote:
What ground clearance sensor is that then Tim, other than the four ride height sensors?

Getting in to extended mode is easy off road, you just lower the car, it bottoms out and then automatically goes extended. Foot on the brake pedal and hold the raise button for a few seconds and you can then get super extended mode. Of course, if you're still stuck even then, then you need a tow!

I there, would the "Foot on the brake pedal and hold the raise button for a few seconds and you can then get super extended mode" work if you don't bottom out first. I think the D3/4 can do this at anytime, would the RRS do the same?

Cheers

Post #587011 Sun Sep 15 2019 1:25pm
Diversurfer

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Tim in Scotland wrote:
It is called super-extended mode and you can force the car into it but you would have to cross my palm with silver to get the secret out of me! Mr. Green there is a sensor under the car that will detect under car clearance and can extend the suspension a little bit more. If you have the DR pack on your TDv6 HSE there is rumoured to be another clever trick that the rear suspension can play to give a small amount more rear wheel articulation too.

I have the DR pack on mine. do you mind sharing!Smile Whistle Rolling Eyes Bow down

Post #587012 Sun Sep 15 2019 1:26pm
RRSTDV8

Diversurfer wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:

Getting in to extended mode is easy off road, you just lower the car, it bottoms out and then automatically goes extended. Foot on the brake pedal and hold the raise button for a few seconds and you can then get super extended mode. Of course, if you're still stuck even then, then you need a tow!

I there, would the "Foot on the brake pedal and hold the raise button for a few seconds and you can then get super extended mode" work if you don't bottom out first. I think the D3/4 can do this at anytime, would the RRS do the same?

Cheers

No, the extended mode is not selectable without first grounding. Similarly, super extended mode (foot on brake etc) only becomes available once extended mode is active. This is the same as the Disco.

You can buy kit that allows full height selection, and some forum members have done just that. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #587021 Sun Sep 15 2019 6:05pm
HughN

Wales 

People following me when I have been in Off-Road + 50mm (via the Easylift and the same height as extended mode) have commented that the [rear] wheels have started to 'tuck in' quite noticeably.

Post #587035 Mon Sep 16 2019 5:57am
RRSTDV8

Yes, the suspension geometry makes the camber change a lot as ride height changes. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #587037 Mon Sep 16 2019 6:53am
HughN

Wales 

A good justification for not changing ride-height when the car isn't moving and is on tarmac. If I am playing with the Easylift, I make sure the car is moving - even if it means forwards/reverse over a few metres.

Post #587039 Mon Sep 16 2019 7:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>