RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > what to replace with - ULEZ compliant?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wilpert

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
what to replace with - ULEZ compliant?

Im feeling a bit sad, my 150k miles RR sport 2008 TDV8, which has been well loved and had all the usual foibles sorted, may have to go soon.

Its my daily driver and i do 15 miles each way to work plus driving around during the day from my office. Its been perfect for the windy roads where we live and great for long holidays in the UK, cornwall and Lake district etc.

Problem is in 2021 the ULEZ zone will extend to a larger area, which will mean me paying over £50-00 a week just to go to the office.

I really love the roar of the V8 and I have driven quite a few cars, I have a 2106 Macan diesel which my missus uses for work, fortunately this is ULEZ compliant, so she can keep this.

My weekend and sunny day car is a Boxster 981 GTS, which I try not to over use, as these cars are mileage sensitive.

SO, I need to find a decent replacement for the range rover, something that can take a battering, has a bit of poke and will be ULEZ compliant, i.e. meet the new euro 6 regs.

Any suggestions appreciated but it cant be a Evoque, as we already have the Macan and it cant be anything hybrid because I can't spend that sort of money?

Post #585716 Thu Aug 22 2019 7:30pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Prices of L405 are coming down and I’m sure they are compliant Whistle Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #585718 Thu Aug 22 2019 8:00pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: what to replace with - ULEZ compliant?

wilpert wrote:

My weekend and sunny day car is a Boxster 981 GTS, which I try not to over use, as these cars are mileage sensitive.

Why? Are they unreliable?

As for your in-town drive: BMW i3. Very nippy in traffic because the electric motor gives silly low speed acceleration and throttle response. No range issues with your mileage profile. Plugged in over night means you get in to a fully warmed up and defrosted car in the morning in winter. Compact so good in town. What's not to like? 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #585721 Thu Aug 22 2019 9:13pm
jra1234

United Kingdom 

Why not p400e hybrid - spec for spec they cost the same as SDV6 on the road (Meridian surround + pano roof + hi/low gearbox (on HSE) are standard equipment on p400e) - year 1 new car tax being over £1500 less also helps. Added advantage of £0 congestion charge (if applicable - register vehicle). Has plenty of poke, 400bhp, and no delay off the line as per typical RRS - sound of engine is a long way from from V8 standards (but very unobtrusive if not pushed). 15 mile commute you will get amazing mpg - as long as you have somewhere to plug it in overnight, and better that SDV8 on long journeys. 15 miles each way commute it unlikely to get both ways on EV only - most probably do the 15miles pure EV out and way back 50/50 (unless you charge at work). I switched from a SDV6 Dyn (2014/Euro 5) recently and haven't looked back. Important to have somewhere to to plug it in overnight - which is where the benefits come from.

Post #585751 Fri Aug 23 2019 5:40pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My partner bought a 2008 4.2 S/C Overfinch to replace her old RAV4. It is ULEZ compliant Whistle

Post #585794 Sat Aug 24 2019 7:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1