Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > P400 HST
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Dave777

United Kingdom 
P400 HST

Hi guys.

I know TimHum has ordered a P400 HSE. Has anyone any thoughts on the P400 in HST trim?

The engine looks a great compromise instead of the V8 or diesel.

I like Autobiographies but top trim with that engine is HST. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #585549 Sun Aug 18 2019 5:37pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I reckon that once the launch editions are sold the AB version will appear. I thought the HST far too flash, loads of black trim, wheels and other, too me, useless extras. In additions its very expensive although some very big discounts available. I like a RR to look understated which I feel the HSE does. The Autocar test of the HST really praised the new petrol motor for smoothness and power so fingers crossed. Mine was due to be built last Friday with a delivery in early September, roll on,

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #585558 Sun Aug 18 2019 7:23pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that.

I hope you get your car soon. I like the black wheels and black trim but need to spec an HSE Dynamic to compare. Coast2Coast suggests 6% discount achievable on the HST. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #585561 Sun Aug 18 2019 7:46pm
scriv

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

Hi Dave
I currently have one as a loaner till my svr arrives.
it is generally a nice car i have a red one and think all the hst black parts look great apart from the steering will which i think is a big mistake being suede.
Would i buy one no i would stick to a sdv6 or if you really fancy a petrol go for the 5 litre v8

Post #585569 Mon Aug 19 2019 8:03am
hi222

United Kingdom 

Hi,
I bought a RRS HST a month ago. It was a pre reg with 15 miles on it so as good as brand new and I got £11,500 discount so yes some good discounts to be had.
Ive always had 3.0 diesels in the past, last couple have been dynamics which I loved really, but just felt I fancied a change and was also fed up taking the car in every 5000 miles for ad blue. that sounds a bit petty really, but when you add in service and odd problems it just seemed too often, just my view. With all the intelligent people in the car production industry and they come up with ad blue, surely there's a more sensible alternative.
Anyway I went for the 3.0 petrol P400 HST as I quite liked the slightly different spec of the HST with alcantara finishing inside Driving it is super smooth, with great pick up when you need it. Fuel economy isn't quite as good as the diesel but its not bad and pretty much what I expected.
Handling seemed slightly different to my old dynamic, but maybe with the different engine and 48v mild hybrid set up the weight distribution has an effect, but I'm used to it now and it still corners as well as the dynamic.
Ive got the gloss black 22in which maybe as someone else mentioned has a little footballer look but it goes well with the black top part of the car and I actually quite like it

Post #585570 Mon Aug 19 2019 8:08am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Cheers Hi222

Welcome to the forum. Please post some pictures. I wasn't sure about the steering wheel (is it heated?) but liked the wheels! I have satin black 22" on my current diesel.

I would prefer an Autobiography so may get a V8 yet!!! MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #585589 Mon Aug 19 2019 3:43pm
hi222

United Kingdom 

Thanks Dave,

yes heated steering wheel is standard on HST. I had it on previous dynamics because its just a nice thing in the winter. I think diesels still make more financial sense really , but as I mentioned I fancied a change and quite liked the spec of the HST, its all a personal thing.

Post #585592 Mon Aug 19 2019 3:58pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 

Has anyone heard when The P 400 mild hybrid might be available in the autobiography

Post #585641 Tue Aug 20 2019 7:26pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
Has anyone heard when The P 400 mild hybrid might be availab

Has anyone heard when The P 400 mild hybrid might be available in the autobiography

Post #587618 Thu Sep 26 2019 3:38pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Nothing heard via my dealer. FWIW my P400 HSE is excellent, very good level of kit and trim, engine quiet, super smooth and powerful. Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #587623 Thu Sep 26 2019 4:04pm
Swiggy

Scotland 

Hi all, picked up my P400HST yesterday, nearly new with just 3,000miles on the clock. First impressions are a great car, I’ve just come from a Disco5 HSE Lux, and it is a big step up, not just in terms of performance, but also comfort, albeit, the dogs are a little more cramped in the boot! Very quick when you want it to be, refined and very smooth, unless you push it hard where the engine comes alive and makes a really good sound. On a longer run today, with 4 bikes on the back, 3 adults and 2 dogs and bags, managed 29.2mpg, albeit over country roads and then 60 miles on average speed camera dual carriageway (at the end of this, was over 30mpg). I would suggest that it is only about 10% less fuel efficient than the Disco with the TDV6 258hp engine in it, much better than I expected. Will post some pics soon - went with Carpathian Grey with Ebony / Ivory interior.

Post #605395 Thu Oct 08 2020 7:41pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I'm really pleased you enjoying it, had my car for over a year now and I still delighted with. Completely reliable, great performance and very comfortable. Fuel consumption on mine is 20mpg or less in town, 26/28mpg on mixed motoring run. Cruising at 80 mph in France can knock the figures a bit. I don't know if your figures are from the computer, mine is 4 mpg optimistic.

all the best
Tim Tim

Post #605399 Thu Oct 08 2020 9:06pm
Swiggy

Scotland 

Good point Tim, haven’t used a full tank yet so just from trip computer, so probably a bit optimistic, however, it is like for like with Disco as I used the trip computer for that too!

Post #605400 Thu Oct 08 2020 9:41pm
Kenniff

Scotland 

I’m awaiting my HST - hopefully at the end of March, but thought I’d share the info that I specced a P400 HSE at the same time and the HSE was a couple of £ more expensive than the HST. I specced the HSE to include the extras it needed to bring the spec in line with the HST and the extras I was adding to the HST.

It seemed wrong, but basically the price to add extras i was adding to the HST were cheaper than adding them to the HSE, plus some of the things i wanted came as standard in the HST (such as the privacy glass). That and different residuals on the different models were the difference.

I did get 2 different dealers to give me the comparisons, so it wasn’t just the dealer trying to steer me at what they had available.

Incidentally, I agree to some extent with one of the earlier posters who was less than keen on the looks of the HST. I’m still undecided on the black wheels... dealer has offered to spray them silver at no charge tho, so will decide when i get it. Also went for the body coloured roof rather than the contrast.

Post #610215 Fri Feb 19 2021 10:14am
timhum

United Kingdom 

I'm sure you will be delighted with the car. My choice of an HSE was mostly because I don't really like the look of the HST, too boy racer for an old guy. Still horses for courses.
all the best
Tim Tim

Post #610223 Fri Feb 19 2021 11:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>