RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR & Lease Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jpegnall

United Kingdom 
SVR & Lease Help

After 3.5 years of my first RRS (MY16 AB SDV6) and many more (albeit annoying minor fixable) issues than any car I’ve ever owned, we are doing the natural thing and getting another JLR product despite hearing many horror stories from V8 S/C engine owners recently. That aside, a few things I could do with some help with:

1) I really really resent the idea of paying £4.5 or £6k for colour upgrades, I’m ordering santorini black - has anyone considered a wrap or spray - one that doesn’t make me look like a footballer (I don’t want the Est Blue and preference would have been the Carpathian gray I have on my current car - best colour I’ve ever had - but not an option I’m told).

2) wheels - are 22s worth the 2k uplift, I can spray the 21s black for £200.

3) anyone used the puncture repair kit, I assume it doesn’t work, but I also call out LRA if I get a flat so assume a reduced section alloy is something they carry to get the car home. I’ve had two flats in the last year so will miss the full sized spare.

4) Residuals and the ball ache of trading out of my current RRS means I’m headed for the lease route. It works out much cheaper than PCP over three years assuming no residual at the end of the PCP. Any experiences here that I should worry about - just seems like a no brainer looking at the figures.

5) Assuming I go for lease, I’ve got the choice of private sale on current car or return to BMW Finance. Any views of whether it’s worth bothering to try to find a private sale - i’d be happy with CAP book trade in value despite it being in new like condition (I have it detailed annually and has full LR warranty for another 6 months) but car wow and lease company want way under CAP.

Thanks!

Post #585408 Fri Aug 16 2019 8:36am
Mister B

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

If you are opting for a lease, can you have it wrapped ?
Think i'd keep the 21s
Don't know about puncture repair kit, i would, same as you, call LR assist
Have no experience with leasing, just got to accept you are renting rather than owning
If it were me, and i was happy with the PCP settlement , i would do that rather than potential for loads of aggro trying to sell privately

Post #585412 Fri Aug 16 2019 10:47am
jpegnall

United Kingdom 

Thanks that’s helpful.

Good question re the wrap, I need to work that out, I would assume I’d have to remove it before the term is up - it’s just the colour change with the DVLA that may be difficult as a non owner.

Post #585413 Fri Aug 16 2019 11:27am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I don't believe LRA carry numerous spare wheels with them, if they can't fix it, it will be a flat bed and to the garage, not home

Post #585414 Fri Aug 16 2019 12:35pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

jpegnall wrote:
Thanks that’s helpful.

Good question re the wrap, I need to work that out, I would assume I’d have to remove it before the term is up - it’s just the colour change with the DVLA that may be difficult as a non owner.

I’m sure you don’t have to inform the Dvla of a colour change when you wrap it,their is a guy up the road from me with a maclaren & every time I see it it’s a different colour,if you have to inform Dvla he will be constantly sending his log book off. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #585416 Fri Aug 16 2019 4:00pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

That's correct - when wraps first came out the DVLA did NOT need to be notified however, they recently changed this and now a full colour change wrap needs to be notified so that you get an updated V5 doc.

Ball ache...

Post #585516 Sun Aug 18 2019 8:52am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
Re: SVR & Lease Help

jpegnall wrote:
JLR product despite hearing many horror stories from V8 S/C engine owners recently. That aside, a few things I could do with some help with:

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity and interest can I ask what these horror stories are, as I assume we are referring to the 5.0L V8 S/C engine.

Cheers
Col

Post #585647 Wed Aug 21 2019 3:36am
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: SVR & Lease Help

jpegnall wrote:
After 3.5 years of my first RRS (MY16 AB SDV6) and many more (albeit annoying minor fixable) issues than any car I’ve ever owned, we are doing the natural thing and getting another JLR product despite hearing many horror stories from V8 S/C engine owners recently

Ditto what Col has said, I too would be interested to hear the horror stories please Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #586085 Fri Aug 30 2019 1:00pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Looking at the cost of dealership used SVRs, the residual on PCP on a new SVR seems to be rather poor, compared to other RRS. I’d therefore expect there to be significant equity left in it at PCP end, especially if you could be bothered to sell it privately. LR are presumably trying to rig the 3 yr old SVR market as they’ll be taking most. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #586100 Fri Aug 30 2019 5:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1