RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Air bag warning light advice !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

pjbracer1

England 

Thanks mate

I used just a cheapy one to be fair but it has worked reading other faults ive had and once cleared they have gone away.

What weird is that I understand that the seats and cabling could cause issue but literally the only thing that has changed recently is the battery (the car is in my garage most of the time!) I think I left the boot open which must have finished the battery off but everything else is fine, get no error in the dash either.

I tried a hard reset but the issue is still there, when I start the light comes on and I get one bing and then the light stays on.

Guess I need to find a local shop with a better diag! What is a shame is that I got the battery under warranty! so thought i was in for a win!

Post #584544 Sat Jul 27 2019 11:57am
pjbracer1

England 

B0096 Right Side Restraint Sensor 1 just got a diag done and this is the error code and it couldnt be reset, from what Ive read its related to the driver seat so my guess is a loose wire or connection then so it looks like a fun weekend for me, if anyone knows a good place to start then Im all ears!

Post #584802 Thu Aug 01 2019 1:17pm
pjbracer1

England 

Quick update on this!

The error B1A00 right hand restraints issue ive got, I threw in the towel and took it to Brooklyn 4X4 in Southampton who couldnt find the fault! they took the sensors from one side of the car (as this is what LR suggested!) but its not crash sensor related so after £144 I still have no fix and now my GVIF unit and revers cam are not working! So they reccomended I take it to and auto electrician.

I couldnt get the seat removed myself but have had a look as best I can and cant see any duff wires (would it be possible to see the loose or damaged connection under the seat with out taking the top off?)

Just wondering what to say to the auto electricians to try and solve the problem, it just weird seeing as the drivers seat is always in the highest position (im vertically challenged!) and doesnt get moved about much, ive seen some others suggest it could be the cabling between the door shut?

Any ideas? I need it sorting before the MOT as I think its a failure now. LR are useless if all they suggested was it could be the crash sensors and had it been in a crash which is hasnt!

Cheers

P

Post #587329 Sun Sep 22 2019 5:18pm
pjbracer1

England 

HI Guys Just an update on this issue I took it to my normal garage and it turns out that the battery change must have fried the CPU that controls the Airbags its the Airbag Control Module (there isnt a way to fix them as such as they only thing they can really do is pull crash data from it if the Airbage deploy).

Second hand ones can be found cheap but there is no guarantee on them so might not work or might require coding to the car, and if pulled from a damaged car could also show crash data that isnt part of your car!

I paid for a new one and instant fix, the location if you wanted to to it yourself is under the centre consol under the fridge, it might be possible to get at it from the rear of the consol under rear heater control section but its screwed into the floor and might be tricky to get at!

Cost about £650 in total but does give piece of mind

Airbag faults like this are an MOT failure so it need to be done.

Thanks
P

Post #597528 Wed Apr 08 2020 5:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12