RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > LR Warranty issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rudadu

Scotland 
LR Warranty issue

About a week and bit ago I had the EML light appear and had to call LR Assist. Tech came and said it was throttle body issue which he duly fixed by some adjustment. He said he found error code P0234-77 and I should take it into my local LR Dealer for replacement throttle body under warranty. So duly took car in yesterday and received phone call later on saying they couldn't find anything wrong- no error codes no EML light on. Informed them issue was temporarily fixed by LR Assist. Dealership already had LR Assist report sent by email and scanned image of LR Report given to me at the time of call out detailing what the issue was and what was found etc.
Dealership said they couldn't initiate warranty claim as issue wasn't "live" explaining to me that any warranty issue needs to be active at the dealership and to bring car back if it happens again. This doesn't sound right too me. An issue occurred on my car but LR won't / can't do anything because the error code was deleted during temp fix by LR Assist.
Needless to say I am quite angry at having my car returned to me unfixed with a known fault on a throttle body.
Are my expectations too high thinking this is all because of red tape/poor procedure?
Would welcome any thoughts. 2016 L494 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Carpathian Grey

Post #582793 Fri Jun 21 2019 12:07pm
syl

United Kingdom 

It broke under warranty. You have proof. When it stops working again, no matter how far down the line, you reported the failure under warranty so they should fix it. I think it would be quite an easy trip to the small claims court if they refused.

I think I might also try another dealership though, and if satisfied there, move my future business. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #582805 Fri Jun 21 2019 4:17pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Moving dealership in Scotland isn’t usually an option if, like the OP, you don’t live in the Central Belt between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Outside of the Scottish Central belt there are only 4 dealerships to cover the rest of a country bigger than England. One option would be to get Disco-Mikey a bell for some advice 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #582819 Fri Jun 21 2019 6:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rudadu

Scotland 

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply guys.
Like Tim says all "local" dealerships are of the same group.
I was more annoyed that they were willing to return my car knowing the fault found by LR Assist hadn't been corrected. Basically, I can only take from what's happened is that LR dealership can't/won't take LR Assist trained technicians word that a fault has occurred OR LR dealership process is too poor to recognise such. LR or dealership too intransigent to update process.
At the end of the day me, the customer, has been badly let down and car still has a known issue albeit not causing issue currently. Contacted franchise group regarding issue online and was promised contact email to escalate week ago. Still waiting. What a disappointment!!
Wonder if LR customer service will see this forum and reply? Won't hold my breath. 2016 L494 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Carpathian Grey

Post #583027 Tue Jun 25 2019 8:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1