RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > P400 ordered
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

timhum

United Kingdom 
P400 ordered

After some deliberating I've ordered a P400 HSE. I finally decided that I would like to experience the 3L petrol engine after years of diesels.

The spec is;
Portofino Blue.
Ivory interior with ivory seats and extended leather pack.
Panoramic roof.
Mid range sound upgrade.
Heated steering wheel.
Dipping mirrors.

otherwise I think the HSE has all that I need.
Delivery is quoted as October, just waiting for confimation.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #582699 Wed Jun 19 2019 9:29pm
PIG88

United Kingdom 

That sounds like a good spec, Tim. The P400 HSE apparently gets a lot of the Dynamic features as standard that are options on the SDV6 (low range etc).

Was the dealer able to give you a test drive in a petrol 3.0 before you placed your order? (If so, it would be interesting to hear how it compared to your diesel). Current: 2020 P400e HSE Dynamic

Gone: 2016 SDV6 HSE
2012 SDV6 SE

Post #582709 Thu Jun 20 2019 8:23am
timhum

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately no opportunity for a test drive in a 3l petrol, there don't appear to be any demonstrators around yet. In the end I thought I'd take a chance.
Yes the spec of the HSE is improved, the Dynamic now only seems to enjoy cosmetic differences over the HSE.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #582727 Thu Jun 20 2019 1:12pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Tip - before you splash out on a charging cable with a type two Menkennes plug on each end rather than the 13 amp one that comes with the car and useless for public charging points, have a look on the e-Bay, the Tesla website and the Kia website - most other car makers sell the same cable 30% to 50% less than both BMW/Mini and JLR want for their accessory cable (unless you can screw a free one out of the dealer!). Unfortunately you no longer get a govt grant to pay toward the higher rate charging point you need for more rapid charging at home when you buy a PHEV, if you bought an I-Pace then home chargers are heavily subsidised. You will need one of these cables if you want to use a public rapid charger although (certainly in Scotland) many of the latest chargers now have tethered charging cables on them that you plug into the car rather your own cable pluggingbinto the charger. iIRC the RRS takes something like 19 hours to charge on a 13 amp socket.........
Expect to pay >£300 for 4m of cable with a special plug on each end from JLR and BMW dealers...... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #582729 Thu Jun 20 2019 1:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timhum

United Kingdom 

Tim,
I'm getting the P400 not the hybrid P400e.
Tim Tim

Post #582730 Thu Jun 20 2019 1:54pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Opps sorry, 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #582733 Thu Jun 20 2019 3:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timhum

United Kingdom 

Car due at the dealership today for delivery next Friday. Very Happy

Tim Tim

Post #586103 Fri Aug 30 2019 6:25pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

That’s quick, I hope they didn’t rush it!

I think your spec is going to look fantastic in the metal. And I have high hopes for this straight six, I think you’ll be delighted next week. Thumbs Up L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #586110 Fri Aug 30 2019 8:46pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Took delivery today. Very Happy Only travelled 50 miles in it but very pleased. The 2020 model year spec is quite an improvement over my previous car whilst the HSE spec now includes Hi/Lo range and dynamic driving mode. The petrol engine is very impressive very smooth and quiet, not that the diesel was bad. This short drive showed 29.5mpg on the trip computer, I don't know how accurate this yet but will check with a tank to tank measurement. The car was supplied by Marshalls Cambridge who have done a very good job. I have been very well looked after by Leyton who from my experience puts customer service very high on his list.
No photo as I'm sure you all know what a dark blue RRS looks like. Smile

Tim Tim

Post #586450 Fri Sep 06 2019 5:19pm
rover75

Denmark 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

You should know the rules: No photo = it never happened Whistle

Post #586454 Fri Sep 06 2019 6:55pm
PIG88

United Kingdom 

The car sounds great - but we definitely need photos! Current: 2020 P400e HSE Dynamic

Gone: 2016 SDV6 HSE
2012 SDV6 SE

Post #586457 Fri Sep 06 2019 8:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1