RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2019 SVR Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jjvd21

United States 
2019 SVR Questions

Hello, longtime LR owner (12 years+) here starting to research my next purchase. I’m intrigued by the 2019 SVR and had the pleasure of test driving one recently. There is only 1 in my area and I wasn’t able to spend a lot of time behind the wheel or able to explore all the features. I followed up with the dealer but they couldn’t answer the below technical questions (not opinion queries) and said they’d get back to me. I’ve searched the forum but wasn’t able to find threads that could provide answers. Couple questions on the 2019 SVR for the knowledgeable members:

Do the 2nd row seats recline?

Do the 2nd row seats slide back further using under seat adjustment bar?

Is the Premium Signature Meridian System worth it? Is there a noticeable difference compared to the standard 825 watt system?

Does anyone miss the folding armrest if you’ve owned other LR? SVR center cubby seemed well positioned....

Has the fixed 2nd row headrest posed a problem for anyone (loading items in the boot - can’t remove the headrests when 2nd row folds down against front seats)?

Do the SVR seats have less functionality / adjustments compared to Autobiography (less the massage option)? I was perfectly comfortable.

Post #580710 Sun May 12 2019 9:11pm
bradtarga34

2019 SVR Questions Report post

Hello, longtime LR owner (12 years+) here starting to research my next purchase. I’m intrigued by the 2019 SVR and had the pleasure of test driving one recently. There is only 1 in my area and I wasn’t able to spend a lot of time behind the wheel or able to explore all the features. I followed up with the dealer but they couldn’t answer the below technical questions (not opinion queries) and said they’d get back to me. I’ve searched the forum but wasn’t able to find threads that could provide answers. Couple questions on the 2019 SVR for the knowledgeable members:

Do the 2nd row seats recline? No

Do the 2nd row seats slide back further using under seat adjustment bar? No

Is the Premium Signature Meridian System worth it? Is there a noticeable difference compared to the standard 825 watt system? Yes, have experienced both and have the Premium system which is noticeably better, it is pretty damn awesome!

Does anyone miss the folding armrest if you’ve owned other LR? SVR center cubby seemed well positioned.... I thought I would but as you mentioned the centre folding armrest does the job nicely.

Has the fixed 2nd row headrest posed a problem for anyone (loading items in the boot - can’t remove the headrests when 2nd row folds down against front seats)? Not tried this

Do the SVR seats have less functionality / adjustments compared to Autobiography (less the massage option)? I was perfectly comfortable. There is a lot of adjustability and find them very comfortable.

Post #580722 Mon May 13 2019 11:17am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Brad i imagine the 18 is the same as the 19 model so yes the rear seats do have some backrest recline.
The seats themselves do not slide back and forth though.

Imo the standard sound system is good and i would not pay for the upgrade.

I had the AB before this and at first, i did miss the armrests, but its no big problem and i,m now used to not having them.

seats fold down fine.

The AB seats do have more features but again imo are no more comfortable than the SVR,s which are really superb.

I do not have cooled seats or massage seats. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #580731 Mon May 13 2019 1:01pm
bradtarga34

Thanks SVR575, I've not seen the adjustment, will have a fiddle when I get to the car, thanks for the heads up! Smile Is it the same lever that makes it fold flat?

Post #580760 Mon May 13 2019 5:29pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Yes! Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #580763 Mon May 13 2019 6:04pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

bradtarga34 wrote:
Is the Premium Signature Meridian System worth it? Is there a noticeable difference compared to the standard 825 watt system? Yes, have experienced both and have the Premium system which is noticeably better, it is pretty damn awesome!

I agree with this, but to add that it is source-sensitive. 

Post #580769 Mon May 13 2019 7:14pm
bradtarga34

Good point philmw, not so noticeable on DAB I find, but using Apple CarPlay with Dezer, or even Tuenin there is a noticeable difference, and even more so with a CD, especially the newer CD's with the fancy Dolby Recording.

Found the rear seat back tilt adjustment as well, thanks SVR575! Smile

Post #580806 Tue May 14 2019 12:23pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Oh good Brad, hope you are enjoying the car! SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #580818 Tue May 14 2019 1:52pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/sonic-b...-the-test/ 

Post #580823 Tue May 14 2019 4:15pm
bradtarga34

Loving the car, still finding ways to extend my drive home to extend the driving experience! It's got a bit of a suspensions creak which comes and goes which I was going to have looked at on Thursday but it is not noticeable all the time, seems to be more if the weather is cool, I should just turn the Meridian up and then I won't hear it, or push the right foot a bit harder Smile Thanks for the review as well, top of the tree and not surprised really, it's just difficult sometimes when one of your favourite tracks come on and you want to crank it up, just as the road opens up and you want to put your foot down and experience that amazing sound, it's a tough ol' world... Smile

Post #580829 Tue May 14 2019 5:58pm
Jjvd21

United States 

Thank you for the replies and clarifications. I’m looking to make a decision in the next few days and I’m leaning towards the SVR.

Post #580907 Thu May 16 2019 1:13pm
Jjvd21

United States 

Thank you again for the replies, collected her yesterday Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #581416 Mon May 27 2019 2:01pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Congratulations Jj , looks stunning, you will love it. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #581418 Mon May 27 2019 2:18pm
Jjvd21

United States 

Thank you, loving it so far it’s quite spectacular. Does anyone know the standard 22x10 SVR wheel offset? I tried the search function but didn’t see any posts that contained the info. Google search didn’t return results either.

Post #581617 Thu May 30 2019 4:51pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

With any audio system the source is essential. Feeding crappy mp3 files into a high spec system will throttle it just as poor quality fuel knackers engine performance. CD standard (16bit 44k) should be your minimum or hi res streaming is available via tidal for example. Hard drive and storage card capacity is so cheap there is no excuse to rip to mp3 any more.

Post #581648 Thu May 30 2019 8:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1