RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > L494 Ventilated seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PorkerBus

United Kingdom 
L494 Ventilated seats

Love my 2016 RRS but one option I regret not asking for is ventilated seats. Am I being unrealistic in thinking purchasing a set of ventilated seats to replace my current seats plus the relevant coding will make my dreams come true?

Post #581379 Sun May 26 2019 4:00pm
Chips

England 

They're a waste of money , I have them on my Autobiography . They take longer to warm up , but then once hot the control is hopeless with even setting number one being too hot thus you spend the entire journey switching them on and off , unlike the cheaper seats on my disco 3 which is just right on setting one .
I hardly ever use the cooling at all even in last summers record temperatures, while it would be nice on your back it just sends the vast majority of the cooling to the base which gets too cold while your back is still hot , even if you supposedly switch it off to the base of the seat in the settings it will still send it that way .
The temp control of the seats is my second biggest gripe with an otherwise fantastic car , obviously on a pre 2017 model like mine the biggest grip is always the shocking processor speed of the ICE/satnav MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #581390 Sun May 26 2019 6:37pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Love heated and cooled seats. Agree as it is now forced air, takes slightly longer to warm up, than elec heated seats, but I will always spec them now Thumbs Up Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #581398 Sun May 26 2019 8:39pm
harisson

Switzerland 

Hello all
Coming from a BMW without cooled seats and really fast heating seats in winter, I was really surprised that my cooled/heated seats take so long to heat up. I saw somewhere that the warming function needs warm/hot air because there are no heating mats..
Now I know that and it's ok.. that's the only disadvantage.. if you can live with that, try the switch
The cooling function is really "cool" on long drives on warmer days... Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #581410 Mon May 27 2019 9:54am
mikef

United Kingdom 

I have ventilated seats in my RRS AB and I agree they're all but useless in the cooling mode. In fact I took my car back to the dealer because I was so underwhelmed by the cooling performance and I just got the usual 'they're all like that sir' response. Definitely not worth paying extra for

The cooled/heated seats in my 2010 911 work far better than in my 2017 RRS which shows how Censored they are in the RRS. In fact L-R should be ashamed off them along with the 19th century infotainment system

Post #581435 Mon May 27 2019 4:55pm
Andy494

United Kingdom 

Cooled seats are one of the most divisive items on the forum- so many for and against!

A few months back on specing an SVR with the advise from the salesman I stuck to just heated, in the meantime I've used a relation's FFRR and I found the cooling really good so now have amended my order.

So lounge style seats cooling works well IMO, I wonder whether the cooling effect in the SVR sport seats is reduced? Any SVR owners, what's your experience?

Post #581450 Mon May 27 2019 8:21pm
wilf

There was no "cooling" worth a damn on my "heated and cooled" seats. but the heating could easily remove the skin from your posterior. Was like parking your behind on top of a volcano. Even on the min'm setting. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #581451 Mon May 27 2019 8:26pm
Andy494

United Kingdom 

I know what you mean wilf, any Land Rover I've had myself in the past (Disco 3 & 4) I've only ever needed the lowest heating setting and even then I'd be turning it off after 10 mins or so!

Interesting that some say with cooled option added the effectiveness of the heating is compromised.

Post #581452 Mon May 27 2019 8:34pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sounds like a good idea poorly executed, how unusual for JLR 😁. My 2012 only has heated which are actually very good: 5 mins on 3 bars and it's chestnuts roasting on an open fire time, so turn down to 1 and all good. My aircon is more than adequate even when outside temp near 90f to chill quickly so a burnt rear doesn't happen.

Post #581462 Tue May 28 2019 6:58am
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Hi Guys.

My 2016 has the heated and cooled option for the front seats and back seats and I have found them to be brilliant for heating and adjustable for the heat too.
The cooled option for the front and back seats I find brilliant too I find them very adjustable and work quickly.

Definitely a option i would have if I was buying from new Thumbs Up

Cheers.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #581464 Tue May 28 2019 9:00am
bradtarga34

Got the heated and cooled seats on my MY19 SVR, not quite the dramatic experience I was expecting but I guess it hasn't been that hot so I'm thinking if the aircon is working harder, so pumping more cold air than temperate air the difference would be more noticeable. Glad I have them though, especially as not nut cooler vent like my MY2010 RRS... Smile Haven't found any issues on te heated side of things where people have said they take ages to warm up, that side of things seems just fine as it just uses the normal heating elements, and not hot air from what I can make out.

Post #581524 Wed May 29 2019 2:50pm
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

my used RRS came with them, and at first I was meh.

then we did a road trip in summer, and wow, what a pleasant surprise to be able to keep my nuts cool!

Now i hardly use the aircon as the Mrs gets cold easily, but my seat is on cold, so we're both happy! --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #581525 Wed May 29 2019 3:21pm
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

As It was said above are we sure it's blown hot air for the heated seats ?

My seats are instant soon as you put the heated seats on they are hot very quick, me too cant see it being blown hot air I'm sure its heated elements in the seat.

Obviously its blown air con cooled air for the cooled seats.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #581528 Wed May 29 2019 4:17pm
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

It's definitely NOT hot air in mine, it feels more like a an element, similar to an electric blanket. --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #581558 Wed May 29 2019 8:06pm
Andy494

United Kingdom 

That’s great info everyone.

I’m going to stick with the cooled seats option upon reading this.

Post #581571 Thu May 30 2019 6:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1