RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Oversize Tyre Issue?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Oversize Tyre Issue?

I have some MT tyres (255/55/19) but they are remoulds and pretty damn chunky with a very deep tread.

Ever since I put them on, I've had an orange dash light - lean angle. My local excellent mech has been looking into this. There's no ARC problem, electrics for ARC module are fine, the compressor is fine (put in a rebuild/filter kit) and nothing else seems to be faulty. He's had the light off after re-calibration but it comes back on after a while.

Could the size of these tyres be causing the issue? They're also remoulds so might be not as accurate against each other.

When the light comes on, it seems to disable the ARC which is why it was leaning when RRSTDV8 followed me the other day.

I'm going to drop my ATs back on to check against this.

If this is the reason, then I'm not too bothered as the MTs are not for going fast with LOL but are bloody good for off-roading

Post #578486 Fri Apr 05 2019 10:55pm
SRE

Spain 

First thing I would do is check the rolling radius. Whilst the vehicle is parked, mark all 4 tyres in the same place with some chalk or tipex. Then roll or drive the car forwards in a straight line for circa 50 yards or so. stop the car and check to see if all 4 tyre marks are in the same place. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #578494 Sat Apr 06 2019 8:14am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Are your tyres the Grizzly Claw / Dakar jungle pattern type remoulds because they caused me loads of wheel wobble problems when I ran a set on my Defender. Within 200 miles of fitting they started to delaminate and within 1000 miles portions of the tread blocks started to fall off......... one off-road tyre centre I kept taking the car to to have the balance checked reckoned that these remould mud tyres were almost impossible to accurately balance and that was the cause of my wheel wobble. I ran them for about 1200 miles and took them off and replaced the steel rims and Grizzlies with some Zu light alloys designed for SUVs, shod with BFG MTRs - in the last 35000 miles no more problems and hardly any wear. I wonder if your electronics are picking up an out of balance situation that you aren’t feeling as wheel wobble and throwing up the orange warning light? I was able to sell the aggressive tyres and their steel wheels on to somebody who always trailered their bobtailed Classic RR to offroad events and he was very happy with them until too many tread blocks detached. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #578498 Sat Apr 06 2019 8:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

SRE wrote:
First thing I would do is check the rolling radius. Whilst the vehicle is parked, mark all 4 tyres in the same place with some chalk or tipex. Then roll or drive the car forwards in a straight line for circa 50 yards or so. stop the car and check to see if all 4 tyre marks are in the same place.

I did that though side at a time. One side was just out of alignment, the other was waaaaay out! Guess that might be the problem Whistle

I'll put my ATs back on and keep the MTs for when I know I'm going really muddy.

Post #578524 Sat Apr 06 2019 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1