RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > CarPlay and Bluetooth at the same time
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jonathana13

United Kingdom 
CarPlay and Bluetooth at the same time

Has anyone been able to use car play at the same time as using Bluetooth for calls?

I have an old iPhone that I leave plugged into the car all the time and then another iPhone for everyday use.

As soon as I select car play it disables the Bluetooth functionality which is a shame as then can't make calls.

Appreciate I could just plug in my daily phone and use that with car play but I prefer not to have to mess about with cables when I get into the car.

Post #573040 Sun Jan 13 2019 10:37pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

CarPlay takes over the system in place of Bluetooth.

If you plug in, you use CarPlay. If you don’t, you can use a Bluetooth. Not both.

Why would you need Bluetooth if you have CarPlay? It does everything you need... music streaming, phone, text messages WhatsApp, Google Maps, calendar appointments, etc. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574543 Mon Feb 04 2019 8:34pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

I have two devices, one I want to leave plugged into the car which has all my music stored on it and the other that I keep in my pocket. Whilst plugging in works fine for long journeys on a short journey it can be a bit of a mess on.

Another use case would be a user with a personal and a work device, the Bluetooth system supports multiple devices paired at once for this reason...

Doesn’t seam to be a car play rule as far as I can tell as other cars support both.

Post #574544 Mon Feb 04 2019 8:40pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

You can plug in two phones via CarPlay. But you need to go to connectivity in settings to switch between them. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574545 Mon Feb 04 2019 8:42pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

That’s useful to know thanks. I would still prefer a wireless option for calls only though...

Post #574546 Mon Feb 04 2019 8:44pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Yep. We all would. No ones nailed that with ACP yet. Some comments on here about how it’s been a feature for years but I can’t get it to work and neither can any of my Merc, Beemer or Audi owning friends.

Bluetooth = not completely hands free, dangerous, accident, prison.

ACP = completely hands free, safe. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574553 Mon Feb 04 2019 9:13pm
rangiejools

Australia 

Unfortunately my daughter can play music off her iPhone via ACP and I can still use my phone on Bluetooth. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #574586 Tue Feb 05 2019 8:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1