RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Low Battery Warning (Again)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Lindab

United Kingdom 

Tim, You seem to have a real downer on these cars. Lets face it most people on these forums, me included are on for a moan. You don't get anyone on praising them. If we all went by the reviews on forums we would never buy anything Rolling with laughter

Post #573080 Mon Jan 14 2019 7:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I love RRS, even my first one, a 2005 launch day delivered TDv6 SE with no extras was a great car. What depresses me and puts me off isn’t the product, it is the attitude of the maker not to even hint that they have confidence in their own product’s reliability, they expect owners to gamble that JLR might or might not contribute to a repair. I also feel that at my stage in life on the downslope to retiring that I don’t want to saddle myself with the finances of a new PCP for a JLR product when I can afford to buy outright something less prestigious but better built and more reliable that the maker has confidence in it staying that way which at the moment JLR doesn’t demonstrate one iota unless your car is still in warranty and even then often they need several goes at fixing it when it goes wrong. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #573090 Mon Jan 14 2019 8:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
So now you have the Stop/Start working and that worry fixed you can start worrying about oil dilution every time you stop and restart Rolling with laughter

Lindab, I would suggest cancelling stop-start every time you start the car. It saves nothing in emissions (believe me, I am an emissions analyst) and adds significantly to wear and tear on the car. It also seems to be killing your battery. You will have the added advantage that the air con keeps working when you are stationary, which is the whole point of a luxury car, surely?

Post #573116 Tue Jan 15 2019 9:46am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

I was not too concerned about the stop/start working. It was the "low battery start engine message". You get a bit paranoid when this keeps coming up, waiting for the time it will not start. Would have preferred if it did not show this. Ignorance is bliss Whistle

Post #573124 Tue Jan 15 2019 10:13am
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Fair enough. I thought it might help with your battery conditioning.

Post #573125 Tue Jan 15 2019 10:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123