RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Finally
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Estoril, out if interest did your insurer put a loading or increased excess on the insurance because of the Scintachrome paint finish? I ask because when I ordered a TVR back in the 1980’s no insurer would cover me at a reasonable price because they all said that if there was any paint damage the whole car had to be repainted as they couldn’t then match up resprayed panels with these special paint finishes so I ended up with metallic / pearlescent white instead of TVR’s very similar version of Spectral Blue. It also looks very similar to the Atlantis Blue that was used on 50th Anniversary Defenders. It is actually a colour that has been available for many years from the original LR bespoke Autobiography “standard” optional paints - of course then if you were prepared to pay the huge asking price you could have your Autobiography in any colour you wanted............ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #568533 Thu Nov 08 2018 3:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

Hi Tim,

My cars are all insured with Chubb Private Clients and they allow me to have the cars repaired at authorised dealers be it Lamborghini, Rolls Royce or Land Rover. No questions were asked about the paint finish etc. AFAIAW the car will need to go back to SVO for any repairs and the insurers allow this...yes you are right I do remember a TVR in a similar colour.

Post #568538 Thu Nov 08 2018 4:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123