RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New P400E - Option advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had the fixed panoramic roof on my last RRS, I thought it would be nice to have an opening one on my new car and ordered it......... I hate it, it actually makes the cabin darker because of the big bar across the roof at the rear of the opening bit. Another thing to consider with a black contrast roof - this summer, even in Scotland, with the black pano roof the cabin has become unbearably hot when parked up in the sun, much more than my last RRS that had a body colour roof, also if you are considering a P400E then your car will automatically try to cool the battery pack on hot days or the battery will be damaged ( same on very cold days) and if my car was not plugged into the charger the cooling fans would not come on, the battery conditioning only works when plugged into the mains or a charging point so having a glass and black contrast roof doesn’t help with keeping the HV battery pack cool, even with the blind pulled across. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #564301 Sat Sep 01 2018 1:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
For a

Piano roof do u have to have seperate app nsurance? I’m sure a girl in the service department said some insurers won’t insure as the pano food is accident chip zone

Post #564308 Sat Sep 01 2018 2:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Some of the online insurers won’t cover pano roof breakages but very few seem to suffer a chip or crack these days, possibly the glass makers have made them tougher than they used to be. When I was insuring with Land Rover Insurance their wording about roof glass cover was a bit ambiguous so I got a friend who was then high up in a loss adjuster company and was a lawyer specializing in insurance to word a forthright letter asking basically was the roof covered and they replied to his letter head that yes the roof was covered for accidental damage and vandalism. Basically you need to read the paragraphs about coverage for what glass is and isn’t included in the cover and also if what is fitted in event of a crack/damage that requires a replacement is OEM or not, same as front glass. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #564318 Sat Sep 01 2018 6:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim. Confess I hadn’t really thought about the battery conditioning. I may not be able to have mine plugged in al the time when parked up. How does the car manage the battery temperature when not plugged in? Does it just overheat and get damaged then?

Post #564367 Sun Sep 02 2018 8:08pm
Tim in Scotland

I cannot remember the temperature range but higher and low temperatures (those requiring preheating or cooling) reduce the capacity to take charge so the electric only range is reduced. First I noticed it this summer was when my car had been on my drive and plugged in I thought a neighbor was using and quieter electric lawn mower but when I looked around the front gardens nobody was grass cutting! I walked passed the car it that was what was making the (not very loud but noticeable) noise and on reading the owners manual it was noted there that when the cabin got to a preset temperature the batteries automatically get cooled ( in my car only when plugged into the mains to avoid flattening the HV battery). Preheating in winter is also done to maintain the full electric only range. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #564377 Mon Sep 03 2018 3:41am
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

The Ws of London wrote:

I have pretty much that spec: P400 Dynamic in Corrie grey with Ivory ...

Options I love are:
- Openning roof (use it all the time)
- Black contrast roof
- Adaptive cruise control
- Tow bar
- Heated steering wheel
- Side steps

Options I could live without:
- Park assist (we had this on an Audi A7 and used it all the time, but on the RRS it just doesn’t seem to work as well. Plus, the camera system works well enough)

Otherwise it comes with most of everything although I must work on the sat Nav as it seems to be using a lot of data on its Giff Gaff pay as you go card. Any suggestions for how I reduce its appetite for data? Question

Hello W

Any chance you can send some pics of your car as i am thinking of ordering a p400e but not sure which wheels to go for and not seen any cars on the road yet with your wheels on so would appreciate your thoughts on the wheels and some pics of how they look. Thanks

Post #564385 Mon Sep 03 2018 8:36am

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I cannot remember the temperature range but higher and low temperatures (those requiring preheating or cooling) reduce the capacity to take charge so the electric only range is reduced. First I noticed it this summer was when my car had been on my drive and plugged in I thought a neighbor was using and quieter electric lawn mower but when I looked around the front gardens nobody was grass cutting! I walked passed the car it that was what was making the (not very loud but noticeable) noise and on reading the owners manual it was noted there that when the cabin got to a preset temperature the batteries automatically get cooled ( in my car only when plugged into the mains to avoid flattening the HV battery). Preheating in winter is also done to maintain the full electric only range.

Thanks Tim, i’ll Just have to be careful I guess as won’t always be able to have it plugged in at home, so will have to take extra care when unduly got / cold.

Post #564394 Mon Sep 03 2018 2:20pm
Tim in Scotland

I’m pretty sure it won’t be deep damage but over a few years it will not help with battery life - makes me wonder how long all those electric cars that Californians are buying will last in their scorching summers.
BTW mine isn’t a P400E it is a very similar system to that in my Countryman PHEV 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #564395 Mon Sep 03 2018 2:42pm

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim - v helpful. Hopefully mine will be fine!

Post #564405 Mon Sep 03 2018 5:25pm

United Kingdom 

[quote="rrsfan"]

The Ws of London wrote:
[img:603:400]

Hello W

Any chance you can send some pics of your car as i am thinking of ordering a p400e but not sure which wheels to go for and not seen any cars on the road yet with your wheels on so would appreciate your thoughts on the wheels and some pics of how they look. Thanks

I second that! More pics would be great W, still have a long time to wait for mine...

Post #564406 Mon Sep 03 2018 5:27pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

I had exactly the same problem. In the end I went for Carpathian with black roof and sliding roof.
Reading this Im worried now sinve in Malta temperature goes up ro 39degrees sometime smore in summer.
Any photos of the Carpathian?

Post #568205 Sat Nov 03 2018 8:52pm
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

I'm with the crowd on the roof options - I have the opening roof, and whilst it is nice to open occasionally, I don't tend to. My only observation is that the RR cabin is so large and light anyway that I don't think the bar of the opening one actually reduces light at all. And you can't see it if you aren't looking upward, or in the back, neither of which I tend to do as I drive! But if you're looking to save a bit, then on balance, I could live without.

Options I love are:

The head up display. It's my first, and absolutely invaluable as I love the full size map on my dash so although all the speed info is there too, the head up just does away with the need to have dials. I was concerned that it would be redundant with the triple display by it really is very good

The black pack with Carpathian looks outstanding, as does privacy glass

Ambient lighting is cool and quite cheap

Surround cameras are fiddly but helpful when you need them, which you do with black wheels.

The headlights are great - mine are standard but full beam is fully auto and it blocks out all lights for oncoming cars. The systems is great, and someone else suggested it's an option so best to check as I'd definitely spec this if it's not free.

Red callipers - no cost option so rude not to

The drive pack works well too, especially when you're in non-standard road works etc., as it recognises and displays the actual speed limit (not the GPS one) which works really well with the head up display.

I have piano black detailing which is very classy

Hope this helps

Post #568308 Mon Nov 05 2018 12:20pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

Thank you Essex. I had to leave a nunber of options out. Kept the black sliding roof though. Im 3xcited but April looks far away

Post #568311 Mon Nov 05 2018 12:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12