RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > downsizing from 275/45R21 to 275/50R20 viable? Nokian?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

risto3

France 
downsizing from 275/45R21 to 275/50R20 viable? Nokian?

In researching possibilities dealing with the extreme firmness of the 275/45R21 Pirellis mounted on the MY2017 3.0L SDV6 HEV I'm hopefully picking up friday, I'm seriously considering going to 20" rims.

(will first try reducing air pressure though as apparently the dealer maxed it out for demo purposes on macadam highways)

In particular, the stock 20" tires are apparently 255/55R20 but according to the winter tyre list and TNPF (http://www.tnpf.fr/dimensions/dimensions.php) a 275/50R20 113 XL also seems possible.

I'm kinda interested in maintaining a similar profile tire, and keeping the same width but with a bit more sidewall seems to be a reasonable compromise.

Not so sure I really want to go Pirelli, Nokian has a Hakka Black 2 SUV in 275/50R20 113XL that really looks interesting but I really can't seem to find many independent review anywhere in Europe...
perhaps because it's a relatively new product(?)

BTW Looks to be a superieur tyre to the Nokian Z.Line SUV (or the Hakka Blue) for the type of driving I expect to do.

Any comments or experiences about the tire profile and/or Nokian products in this profile?

Post #567785 Sun Oct 28 2018 10:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1