Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used/heard of subject coating? I took my new car to the detailers for a quote. I knew he was an Authorised Applicator for Gtechniq, but was told he was not using their Crystal Serum any more for full body coating and had switched to subject product. He says it gives an equal appearance but lasts longer as it is harder. This is ideal in our local conditions as the council love to spread plenty of grit and salt on the local roads in winter. He had a Porsche 911 and a Mercedes AMG63 in the shop at the time and the finish looks good, but this says nothing for durability.

I had never heard of IGL Kenzo, so did an internet trawl and it seems to get good reviews. However, being an eternal sceptic, do not trust general internet reviews (who trusts Trust Pilot?), and would love to hear of anyone who has had this treatment applied to their vehicle.

Cheers,

Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #564807 Sun Sep 09 2018 10:31am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Jock,,why don’t you visit this site,I’m on there & I’ve never heard this coating mentioned.
deatilingworld.co.uk
It’s very helpful & full of info if your into looking after your motors like I do.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #564809 Sun Sep 09 2018 11:18am
JOCK55

Thanks for that Andy.

I found it on your Detailing World website and it gets RAVE reviews from the professional detailers. The KENZO product is only available to pro-detailers and their facilities and techniques are inspected prior to approval, some of their other products are more widely available. It has only been around a couple of years so difficult to verify their claim of "up to 8 years" durability!! They do guarantee it for 5 years, but how good is a guaranty? Look at JLR's!!

I would still be interested to hear from anyone on this site that has had experience of the product as a purchaser, as opposed to a vendor.

Cheers,

Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #564815 Sun Sep 09 2018 12:53pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

There are quite a few YouTube videos on Kenzo. I have Gtechniq on all my cars but think that if your detailer has a good reputation, he is not going to risk it by putting on an inferior product. Is there a reason he is not using Gtechniq. I'm sure that if you want Gtechniq he will use it or risk loosing you as a customer. Get the one you are happy with, not what someone wants you to use as you are spending a lot of money on it.

Post #564906 Mon Sep 10 2018 10:23am
JOCK55

Thanks for your reply Lindab.

The detailer is very reputable and has been in this business since 2000. He will apply GTechniq products, he uses C5 (I think that's what it is called) on the wheels but has said that he does not use Crystal Serum(?) anymore (it used to be his product of choice) on the main paintwork of the car as the finish is not as hard and durable as Kenzo. He claims Kenzo is the hardest coating available, and as I want the coating principally for protection, its the way to go. He will not use Gtechniq as is not as hard and will not last as well as Kenzo which will leave me dissatisfied with the job and ultimately affect his reputation.

I do not have another detailer to go to. He is the only one for over 100 miles radius.

I have read several reviews of Kenzo and they are all good, but are all written by those that have a vested interest in saying its good. I was trying to get comment from someone that has had experience of the Kenzo coating being used on their vehicle.

Cheers,

Post #564940 Mon Sep 10 2018 3:04pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

JOCK55, The Kenzo v Crystal serum intrigued me so I did a little research. On the pencil hardness scale which all coatings are based on, Kenzo is up to 10H, while Crystal Serum is 9H, so in reality they are probably the same. I would say that Kenzo being used by your detailer would be fine. A lot rides on the environment the coating is exposed to, ie muddy B roads when the car is washed once in a blue moon or decent A roads & the car is treated as a garage queen. I have had Gtechniq on my Range Rover for 3 years & its fine with the car being washed weekly. I also use a Meguirs quick detail on it. Its spray on rub off & it takes about 5 minutes to do the whole car, its that quick. It obviously helps protect the Gtechniq. I see you are in Inverness. I use Spotless detailing in Perth who is Gtechniq accredited. Bit far from you but maybe worth a call asking about Kenzo. As I said before, your man will not risk his reputation on something iffy & as the hardness scales are the same (probably) it looks fine. Hope this helps

Post #565061 Wed Sep 12 2018 9:49am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Lindab,have you tried Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish,amazing stuff & can last upto 12 months depending on mileage/use,i got some from Halfords while they had a offer on.Ive got Bilt hamber DSW which is also amazing & ive just topped it with the fast finish for the winter.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #565066 Wed Sep 12 2018 11:02am
JOCK55

The deed was done and car collected yesterday. I was a very happy bunny. Only time will tell whether it was worth it!

The IGL KENZO appears to be an excellent product in case anyone else is offered this coating.

Post #565783 Sun Sep 23 2018 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1