RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Dog fouling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

HughN

Wales 
Dog fouling

In the spirit of the other thread on neighbour problems, we've been having a problem with a dog fouling the pavements where we live. Out of frustration, I had the sign below made up and fixed it to our hedge. During the night someone cleared up all the existing poo and there hasn't been a problem since! Laughing

Post #553475 Sun Apr 08 2018 8:44am
Cymruambyth

Wales 

No way....are people really that dense Laughing Laughing Steve.

Post #553488 Sun Apr 08 2018 10:54am
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Plus the fact that you cannot actually get DNA from Censored , even for humans !! Rolling Eyes

But well done for the initiative Thumbs Up Bow down Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #553539 Sun Apr 08 2018 4:27pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

[/quote]Plus the fact that you cannot actually get DNA from Censored , even for humans !! [quote]

Have you any proof for that statement? I don't think it is true. The lining of the gut comprises of epithelial cells that slough off and are constantly replaced. Accordingly waste material excreted is rich in DNA. Obviously there will also be a lot of microbial DNA but purification techniques exist that allow isolation of the host DNA.

Not a subject I ever expected to see covered in s motoring forum though Laughing 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #553601 Mon Apr 09 2018 8:59am
Paddi

Ooops 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Last edited by Paddi on Mon Apr 09 2018 9:37am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #553602 Mon Apr 09 2018 9:00am
Paddi

[/quote]Plus the fact that you cannot actually get DNA from Censored , even for humans !! [quote]

Have you any proof for that statement? I don't think it is true. The lining of the gut comprises of epithelial cells that slough off and are constantly replaced. Accordingly waste material excreted is rich in DNA. Obviously there will also be a lot of microbial DNA but purification techniques exist that allow isolation of the host DNA.

Not a subject I ever expected to see covered in a motoring forum though Laughing 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #553603 Mon Apr 09 2018 9:01am
Paddi

Not a subject I ever expected to see covered in a motoring forum though Laughing 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #553604 Mon Apr 09 2018 9:02am
Paddi

Post #553606 Mon Apr 09 2018 9:04am
Paddi

Sorry - multiple post somehow. Please delete. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #553607 Mon Apr 09 2018 9:33am
nicedayforit

United Kingdom 

https://www.ibdna.com/tests/dog-poop-dna-testing/

Post #553612 Mon Apr 09 2018 10:53am
Godders

Paddi wrote:
Plus the fact that you cannot actually get DNA from Censored , even for humans !!
Quote:

Not a subject I ever expected to see covered in a motoring forum though Laughing

I used to be an ex police sergeant for 17 years although I did leave the job in 2010 and up until then you couldn't get DNA for profiling. Things may have changed in extracting DNA etc but i would be interested to see if it can be used in court cases etc.

update lol

I have spoken with a buddy who says that yes there is DNA in poop but it is not accurate enough to be used in criminal cases. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #553644 Mon Apr 09 2018 2:46pm
Paddi

The technology has definitely moved on. A quick Google threw up loads of procedures to isolate DNA profiles from human waste so it is definitely possible.

EDIT: I get your point about the reliability not being good enough to be accepted as irrefutable proof in court. I wonder if it is because of the presence of much microbial DNA?

Amazing really - when I was at University many years ago DNA analysis took months and cost squillions. Now it is a 5 minute test fully automated so the operator just has to press a button. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #553650 Mon Apr 09 2018 4:07pm
Godders

Yes Paddi, totally agree with the technology, checking fingerprints used to take hours when I first joined in the early 90's and now it is seconds !!

Apparently they have been able to extract DNA from poop since about 1996 but the level of extraction isn't as good/accurate as from blood/saliva etc. As the burden of proof is a lot higher in criminal cases rather than civil it is not used as it creates doubt with the accuracy of the results. I presume if necessary that could use it in an intelligence gathering way but would not be admissible.

I love this forum Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #553652 Mon Apr 09 2018 4:17pm
HughN

Wales 

A senior manager at [a very large defence manufacturer] once mentioned hearing a radio article on faeces transplants. I convinced him I was registered as a faeces donor and the next day showed him my "donor card".

Perhaps that's why I don't work there any more!

Post #553690 Tue Apr 10 2018 6:43am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

There are a few councils looking at this as a way to deter persistent offenders. It is often only one owner who regularly offends that causes the issue.

https://www.easydna.co.uk/dog-poop-dna-testing/ 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #553717 Tue Apr 10 2018 4:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>