RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > VIN on chassis
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
VIN on chassis

I have a MY2010 3.0 TDV6 and I am reregistering the vehicle onto a French registration. To do this I need a certificate of conformity from Land Rover. They wanted several pictures showing the car being right hand drive, registration etc and a picture of the VIN number on the chassis. For the life of me I cannot find this despite the handbooks only information stating that there is a plate riveted to the left hand front doors locking side pillar. I presume this is now the plate that is riveted to the body underneath the bonnet. The only info regarding the stamped VIN number on the chassis I can find on here relates to a 2012 MY and that was under the carpet on the left hand side of a LHD car. I have had the edge of the carpets up on both sides and can find nothing.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find the stamped chassis number.

Also the VIN in the windscreen and the plate under the bonnet have been pictured and sent, but they still want the chassis VIN photographed.

Thanks Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #550899 Sat Mar 10 2018 10:38am
SRE

Spain 

Front offside chassis member viewed through front wheel arch In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #550901 Sat Mar 10 2018 10:52am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I thought you got under the car (below the drivers door) and it was stamped onto the beam.

Need to look carefully and will be difficult to photograph

Post #550904 Sat Mar 10 2018 11:15am
Godders

I have had a good luck at the front chassis through the wheel arch and cannot find anything. SWMBO has just gone out in the car and so will look under the drivers door chassis when she returns. Thanks for your time guys and hope to find it sooner rather than later. Ironically when I first got the vehicle I put the side steps on it and I should have had a good look then Big Cry Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #550905 Sat Mar 10 2018 11:29am
Godders

Thanks Andy K, found it after putting extended mode on car and then rubbing my fingers on the chassis til I found it exactly where you said. Bit surprised that it isn't actually stamped on the chassis but appears to be on a plastic film attached to the chassis. Luckily it is in silver so I was able to get a photo of it....just. Attached pic so that if anybody else needs to look for it in the future you will know what to look for.

For some reason the pic has printed upside down, but you get the gist. Rolling with laughter Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #550916 Sat Mar 10 2018 2:01pm
BJH1959

Portugal 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue
And for a 2005 **LHD** 2.7 RRS...

...under the front right (passenger) door, on the chassis. The number is facing you on the chassis. Use baking soda to remove rust. Barrie.
2005 RRS 2.7TDV6 from 2017 -2024. Best car I ever had.
Current: 2018 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2

Post #561634 Thu Jul 19 2018 5:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1