RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > My Old banger 😄
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sharpy1980

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
My Old banger 😄

I bought my L320 in Sep 16 as a barely running battered old banger from a mate after his insurance co. refused to write it off after a fairly minor bump at the back, he was hoping it would get written off as he had been having trouble with it not starting and various other typical Rrs issues, in the end the insurance co. paid what they felt was a fair price to get it repaired I think they call it paid in Leiu of repairs and I gave him the difference to what he wanted for the car, he got out of owning the car I got a Very sick Rrs for a bargain price everybody’s happy,
The bodywork was fairly tidy apart from the rear bumper being tatty which I took off and tidied up as a temporary repair until the mechanicals were sorted,

These were the only photos I took back then but here is one of the back a few weeks ago with the temporary repairs😂 plus my new shape rear lights

Those eagle eyed peeps in the know will notice that the front bumper is very wrong in that is has no headlight washers or parking sensors and being a 2007 Tdv8 it was missing it’s ACC radar too although I did find the radar was actually still there just cut off it’s bracket hanging of it’s wiring tucked in a gap behind the bumper Confused

After getting it mechanically sorted over the course of a year starting with the running issues so I could drive it - 4 injectors a starter motor, battery, crank sensor and a brake light switch and a good service I then overhauled all the wishbone bushes and ball joints and fitted some decent brake pads all round, At about that time I got shot of the awful 22” copy OF wheels that were in a right state on the insides. I had a set of 20” supercharged wheels that I put a full set of budget tyres on to get it legal.
I also had to do the epb module repair and sort out some wiring issues with the dynamic suspension to get all the warnings of the dash.
At this point it was time for its first mot with me and it flew through with the only advisory’s for car seat fitted and rusty side steps👍

I had bought a rear bumper off of eBay early on supposedly it the right colour “Zermatt Silver” but when it arrived it was a 2010 facelift bumper which I missed but it was also a champagne gold colour Big Cry not deterred I chucked that in a container and more recently found a Zermatt bumper from a site sponsor MMJ but it never showed up Mad I then decided to buy all the bits I needed to make the 2010 fit like pdc sensors and conversion loom and a new towing eye cover, I also found a complete correct front bumper allready colour coded with sensors etc.

The missus bought me some new genuine rear facelift lights for xmas and I got a facelift grille and side vents to break up the silver a bit,

This week I have managed to get the rear bumper and tailgate strip painted and fitted plus got round to getting a decent set of wheels and tyres I went for a set of late rrs wheels with decent Pirelli verdes all round in 275/45/21 and I think it finally worthy of some photos although I do still need to do some bits like the bumper tread plate and the painter decided to mask up the parking sensors even though I asked for them to be painted or I’d have left them out of the bumper for painting much easier than masking them no?

Clickadeeclick

Post #548281 Sun Feb 11 2018 6:09pm
Jay Boy

Wales 

That looks better Thumbs Up 2017 Range Rover Sport SVR
2014 Defender XS HT Firenze red 2.2 TDCi
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS estate
2017 VW Touareg 3L V6
2011 Aston Martin DB9 Stratstone edition

Post #548302 Sun Feb 11 2018 7:48pm
SRE

Spain 

Looking good Sharpy. I think you need to review the front side window tints In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #548303 Sun Feb 11 2018 7:57pm
Sharpy1980

Thanks for all the positive comments I regularly review the tints when I see the plod by opening the windows Rolling with laughter
I know I should really remove them but it is only a very light tint although I know it doesn’t look it in the pics and you barely notice at night, although not an excuse it was already on the car, I did have a car tinted years ago before the rules changed and I had the medium tint all round ( only 3 options back then light, medium and limo) and it was terrible at night you had to have the windows open all the time, still it made my
Vauxhall Vectra look .... nah it was still Censored Rolling with laughter Clickadeeclick

Post #548314 Sun Feb 11 2018 9:09pm
phillh

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Your car looks very good. Was the poor starting down to injectors or did you replace glow plugs too?

Post #548328 Sun Feb 11 2018 10:27pm
Sharpy1980

It was definitely injectors it used to start fine from cold tho but if you popped to the shops it wouldn’t start unless you put a jump pack on it even tho it was spinning over like crazy without the jump pack it was bizarre, I spend my days fixing fuel faults on diesels but this thing had me second guessing myself constantly Rolling Eyes that’s why we love them Wink Clickadeeclick

Post #548335 Mon Feb 12 2018 6:29am
Rich-B

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You have done s great job of that, looks mint 👌🏼

Post #568083 Thu Nov 01 2018 8:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1