RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Buying from dealer miles away ....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 

Can I tag onto this thread please? I'm also looking at buying a Sport 2 at distance and it makes me very nervous. I know the car will come with a LR warranty, so I'm protected up to a point against any serious issues, but a warranty won't help me if I'm just disappointed with any cosmetic issues.

I'm pretty fussy and, whilst I know I'm buying a used car, I've seen some examples on forecourts that are in a terrible state with all sorts of scratches and scrapes that really can't be in line with LR Approved promises. Having been assured by many a salesman in the past that a car was 'immaculate,' only to find something that really needed a good deal of work to bring it up to an acceptable standard, I now take any such assurance with a massive pinch of salt and won't believe it until I've seen it for myself. Sometimes a car just feels like it's been unloved, or even smells unpleasant and you just can't judge these things from distance!

In this case the dealer really is too far away for me to make the trip up and back (probably a 6 hr drive each way) and I can't decide whether or not to make the leap of faith. The dealer has sent me a video of a detailed walk round of the car, but I'm having to trust what they tell me - all cars look ok in photos/videos!

Any tips, tactics, experience and advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks 2014 3.0 SDV6 HSE Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus
2012 4.4 TdV8 Westminster Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2012 SDV6 HSE Luxury Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2006 3.0 Td6 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue/Parchment

Post #531389 Thu Jul 27 2017 12:09am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

As I've posted, I purchase my LRs. over 200 miles away, and have servicing done there to normally.

If you purchase from a LR dealership, not only do you get the 2 Year warranty and MOT warranty, you also get the 30 day 1000 mile return agreement, I would read T&C, as off hand can't remember them all, or if anything altered, but if you find something that isn't correct or to your liking, after purchase, you can return the car against another. Not if it's over something that should be accepted for S/H, age and mileage but anything else I found covered.
Obviously ensure you spend a lot of time checking over your wanted car, photograph it and anything not happy with, and have a good long drive using all gears etc, and even try to get off road if you can, (in North Yorkshire and North Wales no problem Whistle ).
With a full examination you should spot most things, and either them or any other LR dealership will put it right, they won't worry as get paid by LR. Wink John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #531390 Thu Jul 27 2017 12:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12