RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Missing tool kit?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

donny dog

United Kingdom 
Missing tool kit?

Filling the car with fuel today, it struck me that I hadn't seen a mis-fuelling tool. On checking the manual, it says this is in the tool kit under the spare wheel. I have removed the spare wheel, and there isn't a tool kit, just a wheel brace. What have other MY17 owners got? Am I missing something?

Post #522136 Tue Mar 28 2017 12:12pm
MAC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Hi, Just checked my MY17 and cannot find the miss-fuelling reset device either!!! Only tools are wheel brace and jack. Glad you made me check!

Mac

Post #522164 Tue Mar 28 2017 7:19pm
wilf

Had to ask for that and the funnel on mine - dealer still had them for some reason. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #522178 Tue Mar 28 2017 8:50pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I think you should also have the screw in towing eye, a couple of wheel chocks and the key for locking wheel nuts somewhere in that polystyrene surround that holds your spare wheel in place. I have in my MY15.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #522199 Tue Mar 28 2017 10:49pm
ianmo

United Kingdom 

Mine was in the glove box.

Post #522221 Wed Mar 29 2017 8:56am
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Having come from an RRS1 , I remember discussing this with my Dealer on delivery.

You need to look inside the filler neck!

There are 2 sorts of mis-fuelling protection, Passive & Active.

Active = metal flap visible blocking the filler neck = clear funnel for refilling from a can.

Passive = clear filler neck = yellow tool to reset when you attempt to mis-fuel!

It should be one or the other- not both.

RTFM under "Fuel & re-fuelling"

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #522355 Thu Mar 30 2017 7:12pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Scrumps, you have hit the nail on the head! I had suspected something like this to be the case, as I can see the metal flap in place all the time, so thought it might be a different system from my old one. What threw me, however, was the manual, which states that there is a mis-fuelling tool in the (non-existent) tool kit, reinforced by the dealer subsequently agreeing to supply the 'missing' one. Reading under the heading 'fuelling', as you suggested, makes it all clear, although it's not something my dealer seems to be aware of. Thank you for clarifying all this, you have been a big help, and once again proved that a knowledgeable forum trumps an ignorant dealer!

Post #522359 Thu Mar 30 2017 8:06pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Must admit that I had to ask my local dealer who didn't supply the car, where the yellow misfuel device was and WTF was the clear tube for (I thought it might be something left behind from the production line......). They politely put me right about the "new" system for the misfuelling device compared to what my TDv8 RRS1 , TDV8 FFRR and both Evoques had had. The dealer must get cheesed off with customers who either don't RTFM or only scan through it Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #522375 Thu Mar 30 2017 9:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Ouch! Embarassed

Mind you, given their response, it's obvious the dealer hasn't read the handbook either! Shocked

I find the handbook heavy going, so do tend to cherry pick it for the specific items I'm wanting to know more about, or I use the on-line version which is easier to search. It was the latter which identified the 'missing' toolkit without any qualification on the page that came up, although it's now quite obvious that there are two versions of the car available. But why ARE there two versions available? If all UK models now have the 'active' system, why include reference to the 'passive' system? If one is better, why still sell the other type anyway? It's additionally confusing if the customer is familiar with having a special re-set tool from previous model ownership.

The handbook endlessly includes caveats to the effect that your car may not have certain features - if you can't have a handbook that actually matches your car, why don't you at least get an addendum sheet specifying your model's features, so it's clear which you have or haven't got? Also, it doesn't help that illustrations like the touch screen are shown reversed (presumably for the left-hand drive market). Can't they run to providing a specific right hand drive manual for their RHD customers (UK, Eire, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa, India, etc. - there's plenty to justify the expense)?

Post #522399 Fri Mar 31 2017 9:35am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Why cannot JLR produce specific video manuals, like most other brands? They do tend to have rather nasty American accented narrators as I presume these are developed for the American market. However, it is a fact that print media is rapidly loosing popularity in the global human race, so video is becoming a more acceptable medium for imparting information What do they say? A picture speaks a thousand words (and requires no translation). Of course the reason could be that this would cost money and they have no material "in-house" to copy, so means actually applying a little original thought. But it would be nice, and JLR, its nice to be nice to your customers every once in a while.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #522419 Fri Mar 31 2017 12:57pm
wilf

If you go onto the main LR site, and under the "ownership" tab, you can look at interactive manuals - very useful and much easier than thumbing through the paper one..

There are some video guides, but I find those quite dumbed down. More like ads than manuals. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #522469 Fri Mar 31 2017 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1