RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Few new car niggles...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Weegie

Few new car niggles...

Just getting to grips with the new car (MY17 HSE SDV6) and just wanted to check with others if things I'm seeing are 'normal'?

When we pair a phone to ICTP, it only shows up as what I presume is the MAC address, rather than 'XXX's iPhone' like it did on my last car. Makes for confusion when we both jump in and aren't sure whose phone is connected....

The bluetooth connection appears to drop out regularly when on calls. Is this a known issue or something unique to us?

I read on here somewhere that the front parking sensors often default to off? I'd have expected that any software updates would have been done before we collected, and driving slowly towards a wall is a nerve-wracking way of testing if they work! Have any other recent MY17 buyers found they appear to be off by default?

Thanks for any help, other than those it's lived up to expectations brilliantly.

Post #520309 Wed Mar 08 2017 10:08am
denny111

United Kingdom 

Hi
yes they are off by default but in settings you can set them to on by default when under 10 MPH my dealer showed me how to do it as seems quite onis to get into the correct settins menu but if you read the handbook detals several times it make sense
Ref phone mind shows both my samsung and iphone by name
May be a trip back to the dealership might be worthwhile

Post #520317 Wed Mar 08 2017 10:58am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

As above regarding the sensors, changed mine on day one as entering the garage was nerve wracking! iPhones both come up with phone names no issue and have never had bluetooth drop out. See other thread regarding ICTP and other niggles!

Post #520321 Wed Mar 08 2017 11:37am
donny dog

United Kingdom 
Re: Few new car niggles...

Weegie wrote:
Just getting to grips with the new car (MY17 HSE SDV6) and just wanted to check with others if things I'm seeing are 'normal'?

When we pair a phone to ICTP, it only shows up as what I presume is the MAC address, rather than 'XXX's iPhone' like it did on my last car. Makes for confusion when we both jump in and aren't sure whose phone is connected....

The bluetooth connection appears to drop out regularly when on calls. Is this a known issue or something unique to us?

I read on here somewhere that the front parking sensors often default to off? I'd have expected that any software updates would have been done before we collected, and driving slowly towards a wall is a nerve-wracking way of testing if they work! Have any other recent MY17 buyers found they appear to be off by default?

Thanks for any help, other than those it's lived up to expectations brilliantly.

It doesn't seem to like iPhones! My Galaxy S7 paired the second I got in the car, and came up with the correct name. I never had to do anything! The salesman was about to show me how to do it, and it was already done! No problems with Bluetooth, either.

Post #520323 Wed Mar 08 2017 12:50pm
Weegie

Thanks all, sensors sorted (still don't understand why they default to off), and one mystery solved - the MAC address only shows the first time the car is started and paired. After that the phone name appears. If you impair, delete, forget the car and start from scratch again then the same behaviour shows.

New trait - there's a serious clunk on downshift at slower speeds, often as soon as you touch the brake which accentuates the feeling. Doesn't happen on any upshift and seems quite selective when it appears. I've had auto boxes that learn your driving style before but not ones that felt like they're just learning themselves! Very Happy Will see if it calms down.

Post #520328 Wed Mar 08 2017 2:52pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

It seems weird that you have to push the gear stick forward for reverse and backward for drive, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Post #520329 Wed Mar 08 2017 3:14pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

Like The Weegie, I also have a clunk from the gearbox when it changes down at slow speed. I've done 290 miles, nearly all around town, and I haven't noticed it getting better. It's not all the time but very noticable when it happens. 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #520337 Wed Mar 08 2017 4:05pm
Weegie

Downshift clunk has definitely receded, although in its place ICTP has decided that it can't be bothered with night mode in the Nav function. Makes for a glaringly bright dash at night. I sense a dealer trip coming on...

Post #520699 Sun Mar 12 2017 8:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1