RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Parking Sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

IRBails

Australia 

Well called the dealer Yesterday to find out the story. seems they needed new firmware to enable them to access the different areas of the car ECU. The dealer said that they would try on a few of the instock vehicles and then get my car in. Interesting thing is they would not have checked this out had it not been for my badgering. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #516600 Thu Feb 02 2017 11:07pm
matsoutback

Australia 

Nice badgering Thumbs Up
Seems as though service only occurs if you demand it.. that's one of the reasons I like these forums. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #516605 Thu Feb 02 2017 11:58pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

IRBails wrote:
Well called the dealer Yesterday to find out the story. seems they needed new firmware to enable them to access the different areas of the car ECU. The dealer said that they would try on a few of the instock vehicles and then get my car in. Interesting thing is they would not have checked this out had it not been for my badgering.

I'm beginning to see my dealer in a whole new light!!! 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #516606 Fri Feb 03 2017 12:20am
IRBails

Australia 

Mr Fox I am sure you have a progressive dealer, mine is the local and I did not purchase from them but they have dealt with me as they are Audi, VW and RR dealers. My wife's SQ5 my Touareg R50 and now my Sport have all gone there. The head of RR service seemed quite knowledgeable and did say they checked but their system's did not point to a software update for sensors specifically. I am to believe that I was the only person to bring this to their attention. When I cited your case they went further to find out that the software they are using in the Land Rover system needed updating to deal with the parking sensor fix. I actually think this is a Land Rover Australia issue . I was told that the clock fix was done in the upgrade loaded but my clock still loses time, albeit not as much. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #516703 Sat Feb 04 2017 1:21am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Does all that mean your parking sensors are now working on auto? 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #516886 Mon Feb 06 2017 12:30am
IRBails

Australia 

No but soon to be working on Auto. Waiting for the call. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #516896 Mon Feb 06 2017 9:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12