RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Couple of weeks of driving and would appreciate any input
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Sulley

United Kingdom 
Couple of weeks of driving and would appreciate any input

I have been driving my new 2016 RRS for just under two weeks now and wanted to get some comments.

Parking aid seems a bit hit and miss when in use, I park in a multi storey in town and when going down the ramps etc a low speed doesn't seem to pick up the walls to the side even though they are working. But when I drive towards another car they pick up the car ok.

Window wipers seem to under powered whe driving In wind and rain and seem to struggle a bit to wipe. Once the wind dies down they are ok again.

The phone connection seems to hang sometimes and dependant on what happens I need to disconnect the phone and reconnect.

The rear hatch door seems to be offline by a bit and sites lowers than the panels on each side and is just off the top side of the bumper is this normal as when looking at some images doesn't seem to be.

Fuel economy's a bit lower than had thought and best I've had so far is about 32mpg on a motorway run is this ok? I know this is a big car and have had other Landrover Discoveries but wanted to ask.

Anyone with any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Post #514993 Wed Jan 18 2017 10:06pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Can't speak for new RRSs but (for comparison purposes):
Parking aids are great - sometime in wish they'd shut up a bit
Never had an issue with wipers. Drove through Scotland recently during Storm Barbara with torrential downpour and Hugh winds with no issues
Phone connects within seconds of starting the car and hangs on for grim death all the time. No drop off
Bad alignment should IMO be flagged with the dealer
Re mpg, What engine in your RRS? Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #515010 Thu Jan 19 2017 12:16am
Sulley

United Kingdom 

The parking aid is acting a bit strange so might be failing as when I'm in a queue of traffic it now seems to start sensing an object while I am stationary and there is nothing there just got that tonight.

The engine is the 3.0 SDV6 306.

It's going in for a couple of things next week and will add this to the list I love the car but would be great if it didn't have the usual wee glitches.

Cheers

Sulley

Post #515014 Thu Jan 19 2017 12:29am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Watch out with the parking aids as, having said how good mine are, I do believe that they are susceptible to water ingress. In storm Barbara, they did play up for a couple of days after and I am assuming that they were drying out. But even then it did the right thing and told me it was not working - high pitched bleep and then the light on the switch flashed continually. So this is probably not your issue but thought I'd mention it just in case. Care with high pressure sprayer use.Does sound like yours have a problem.

Regarding mpg, there are plenty of discussions on here regarding others experiences - suggest you have a read but I'd be happy with 32 in a 2.5 tonne card with a 3 litre engine (then I do have the V8!). Again not a direct comparison but SWMBO's SAAB 93 (2 litre) averages 29 mpg but I accept its an older car with, therefore, older technology. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #515026 Thu Jan 19 2017 9:00am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I wish I could get 30mpg out of my 2014 AB,,ive never had over 26,,same with my old 2012 3.0 sdv6 I never had over 24 with that so these that are getting over 30's all the time must be driving like miss daisy or going with the computer figures as they are always 4-5 mpg different.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #515027 Thu Jan 19 2017 9:08am
wilf

Fuel economy is about right, it will improve as the engine loosens up, which takes at least 5000miles.

Parking sensors - they don't seem to sense to the sides well in my experience, and I too get the odd spurious bleep, but it does clear after a second.

Tailgate - should be realigned.

Never had a problem with the wipers myself, but there again I haven't driven in the kind of storms you experience up there.

'Phone - my connection is rock solid, (iPhone 6) so it might be worth deleting the 'phone and re-initialising it. Try both "connect car to 'phone" and "connect phone to car" options, assuming they are still there on your MY vehicle.

They are a pretty special thing to drive around in though. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #515031 Thu Jan 19 2017 9:17am
hafman

United Kingdom 

I've had my MY15 AB Dynamic 306bhp SDV6 for a couple of months now, and covered 3,250; I am also slightly disappointed in the mpg; according to fuelly I have an average of 28.5mpg, with a best of 31.6mpg (solid motorway driving through France at 79mph).

Post #515105 Thu Jan 19 2017 6:40pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

According to my Fuelly account over 14500 miles and 21 months ownership my SDv6 HSE Dynamic has averaged 31.6mpg, it has dropped since November due to cold weather and running the heated screens and seat heaters a lot and also the Q634 upgrade to the system has made a bit of difference as the car seems to be much keener to pull away than before and I think my right foot hasn't got used to not having to give a bit more of a push to get away from junctions........... spending several Sundays off-roading in low ratio doesn't help with low fuel consumption either, but if the temperature is above about 8c then I can easily see 40mpg on the trip computer on my drive into town on a mostly flat 16 mile each way trip using light throttle and stop/start at the two sets of traffic lights I have to negotiate once in town. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #515112 Thu Jan 19 2017 7:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

@hafman

What mpg does the in-car computer show? Mine used to consistently read 12 to 15% better economy than actual. Regards

Malcolm

Post #515113 Thu Jan 19 2017 7:56pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Tim in Scotland wrote:
According to my Fuelly account over 14500 miles and 21 months ownership my SDv6 HSE Dynamic has averaged 31.6mpg, it has dropped since November due to cold weather and running the heated screens and seat heaters a lot and also the Q634 upgrade to the system has made a bit of difference as the car seems to be much keener to pull away than before and I think my right foot hasn't got used to not having to give a bit more of a push to get away from junctions........... spending several Sundays off-roading in low ratio doesn't help with low fuel consumption either, but if the temperature is above about 8c then I can easily see 40mpg on the trip computer on my drive into town on a mostly flat 16 mile each way trip using light throttle and stop/start at the two sets of traffic lights I have to negotiate once in town.

Tim,,,have you gone over 50mph in your sport yet Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #515114 Thu Jan 19 2017 7:58pm
Sulley

United Kingdom 

Parking aid is acting weird and will get them to check

Drove Glasgow to Leeds today and was reporting 38-39mpg at a steady 70-75 with the odd burst when I got bored. Is the inControl app reasonably accurate?

Sulley

Post #515115 Thu Jan 19 2017 8:00pm
Tim in Scotland

According to Fuelly my best MPG was 62mpg! That was achieved while I wasn't using the car as I was at work overseas for 3 months............. I suspect that a family member covered a lot of the 632 miles that Fuelly shows between fill ups while I was away, and didn't tell me that they had filled the tank up as well Laughing Thought I wouldn't notice how much they had used my car while I was away! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #515116 Thu Jan 19 2017 8:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Sulley wrote:
Drove Glasgow to Leeds today and was reporting 38-39mpg at a steady 70-75 with the odd burst when I got bored. Is the inControl app reasonably accurate?Sulley

I reckon mine is generous to the tune of 5-10% better than I am getting - I use the auto-trip average function on the dash which is the same figure that seems to go too the app. My Fuelly account is generally 3-5mpg less than the dash computer on motorway hauls between Stirling and London. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #515117 Thu Jan 19 2017 8:17pm
hafman

United Kingdom 

malcolmw wrote:
@hafman

What mpg does the in-car computer show? Mine used to consistently read 12 to 15% better economy than actual.

Trip A (i.e. since my purchase) is showing an average of 30.7mpg, which is therefore ~7% overly optimistic over 3,300 miles.

Post #515183 Fri Jan 20 2017 12:58pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sulley wrote:
Drove Glasgow to Leeds today and was reporting 38-39mpg at a steady 70-75 with the odd burst when I got bored. Is the inControl app reasonably accurate?Sulley

I reckon mine is generous to the tune of 5-10% better than I am getting - I use the auto-trip average function on the dash which is the same figure that seems to go too the app. My Fuelly account is generally 3-5mpg less than the dash computer on motorway hauls between Stirling and London.

My speedo is 6% fast at 50 mph, and even more so at lower speeds. Presumably the same device is used to compute distance with the same exaggeration. I'm guessing that they don't use GPS to derive speed and distance, but, if not, why not? My boat uses GPS to obtain speed, distance (and fuel consumption), as do mobile phones and other portable devices, so why not cars?

Post #515188 Fri Jan 20 2017 2:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>