RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Video of SVR off road
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DavidHem

United Kingdom 
Video of SVR off road

Nice video of an SVR being driven by someone who has no idea how to drive off road, but lovely sound and when he keeps the revs floored you can see the electronics getting him out of trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwV2uTMSp...l=GearClub

Post #514168 Wed Jan 11 2017 10:10pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thud
Don't know if it was just the revs that helped him out. First attempt the car wasn't even in off-road height. Means he had TR in normal mode rather than sand or auto (as auto would have sensed the conditions, switched to sand and raised the car as well). When he was able to complete the climb the suspension seemed raised so perhaps it was in sand mode at that time. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #514172 Wed Jan 11 2017 10:32pm
rangiejools

Australia 

Neither of them had any idea.. Tyres pressures looked normal, should have been down even with the RR's low profile tyres.Amazing the difference it makes. Great noise though! SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #514191 Thu Jan 12 2017 12:37am
Lyonhead

Wales 

As you can imagine, I looked at endless videos and internet reports on the SVR before ordering and I have watched a few of the Russian videos. They don't rate the SVR that great, generally, in that particular vid you can see normal tyres against an off road type tyre on the Toyota and yet with not so good driving skills the SVR performs well. They mostly go for the Toyota, BMW, Porsche cars!! The Americans, Dutch, Chinese, and British journalists/Enthusiasts can't get enough of SVR's and rate them very highly. What is great is when you watch videos of people who film themselves driving for the first time and Censored themselves when flooring the loud button for the first time Laughing Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #514199 Thu Jan 12 2017 9:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1