RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Something to watch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

IRBails

Australia 
Something to watch

Yesterday I discovered something that other members may be aware of but because I wasn't did some damage. I was nose into a parking area that had a raised gutter around the parking area. When I returned to my car and backed out I heard a scrape. As I entered the road I was fortunately flagged down by a pedestrian who said that there was something dragging on the front of my car. Turned out that the lower plastic middle bumper cover/sump/stone/guard had been dragged off on the gutter. When the car was parked the suspension lowers and did not raise in time for my exit.

Good story is that I was able to retrieve the plastic bit and when home refit, the plastic just clips on in 4 places and apart from some scratches that can't be seen the car now looks the same.

Moral of the story, beware the car lowers itself so don't park around objects that will effect ground clearance, or wait until the suspension raises before driving off. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #513478 Tue Jan 03 2017 10:58pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

All RRS after MY2016 have auto lowering to access height when you switch off the ignition - it puts all the electrics in the car into sleep mode and conserves battery charge when you are away from the car. Pre 2016 cars have to be lowered manually to achieve this - L320 is the same and require manual operation of access height. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #513485 Tue Jan 03 2017 11:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I lost one of the plastic chin spoilers around Eastnor on an off road day. Took the other one off to keep it looking symmetrical. Never bothered to replace them as they'll likely get pulled off again at some point. Rolling Eyes 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #513487 Tue Jan 03 2017 11:42pm
IRBails

Australia 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
All RRS after MY2016 have auto lowering to access height when you switch off the ignition - it puts all the electrics in the car into sleep mode and conserves battery charge when you are away from the car. Pre 2016 cars have to be lowered manually to achieve this - L320 is the same and require manual operation of access height.

Yes I am aware of the Auto Lowering. My point of the post was that I did not think about this when parking or for that matter when I returned to the car and drove off. It something I will watch out for in future . M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #513507 Wed Jan 04 2017 10:31am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I understand that those two spoilers got damaged so frequently on LRE cars that they removed them (and the set further under the car near the rear wheels) before the cars were put out on the experience centre trails. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #513510 Wed Jan 04 2017 10:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilf

Been caught out moving out of a parking space with the car in access mode myself. I think the programming should be changed so it goes to normal ride height soon as the engine starts or you put it in gear. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #513516 Wed Jan 04 2017 12:08pm
IRBails

Australia 

It was the silver center plastic under tray that got ripped off on my car. I won't do it again now I am aware of the issue. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #513520 Wed Jan 04 2017 12:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1